Good To Join You

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 12:51 pm
Hi

I enjoy studying, discussing & learning about some science & philosophical subjects, or even just have fun & fluffy topics. I prefer Aristotle's Golden Mean concept along with epicurean & stoic philosophers, as well as eastern taoism & "non-being". I have read almost all of that. Also read some more modern thinkers & scientists.

I like the quantum notion that all matter is essentially the same on an atomic level, & that our molecules constantly change & one maybe yesterday was on Mars & tomorrow will be in China, in a month another galaxy. This leads to a further sense of "oneness" & peace (except I'll never be "one" with insects!- lol). Better, it's based on reality instead of ancient fairy tales. I guess that's what a more linear, analytical mind brings, instead of a lateral, creative one.

Anyway, glad to be here & wish you all peace.

-Brian

boagie

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 04:24 pm
@Brian phil,
Brian,Smile

Welcome to the forum, you sound like a most interesting chap, I shall look forward to dialogue with you. In the mean time however make yourself at home, and think about responding to something which catches your attention or post a new topic. Again a big WELCOME ABOARD Brian!!!! boagie

jgweed

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 07:35 pm
@boagie,
A very warm welcome to the Philforums.
Regards,
John

Brian phil

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 01:50 pm
@Brian phil,
Thanks for the welcomes, boagie & jgweed! And jgweed, I like the sentiment expressed in your signature line, & will probably exercise silence quite a bit! But I do look forward to discussion as well. Thanks both again.

Justin

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:13 pm
@Brian phil,
Warm welcome to the forums Brian and thank you for the intro. Please make yourself at home and enjoy the community.

Khethil

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 05:50 am
@Brian phil,
Hey Brian,

Brian wrote:
I enjoy studying, discussing & learning about some science & philosophical subjects, or even just have fun & fluffy topics... ... along with epicurean & stoic philosophers...

Right on! Love this stuff... and fluffyness rules! :a-ok:

Welcome aboard!

Rose phil

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:46 pm
@Brian phil,
Hi there. Welcome aboard.

Brian phil

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:50 pm
@Brian phil,
Thanks Justin, Khethil & Rose!

Khethil wrote: "Right on! Love this stuff... and fluffyness rules!"
Yes, one can't be serious ALL the time... seriously. Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 06:43:04