Allow myself to introduce.... myself

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Allow myself to introduce.... myself

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 10:54 pm
Hi there, I'm new.

Is it funny how people live and think without really questioning why they live and think?

I know what humans are, but I am curious what we are.

I know what humans were, but I am curious what we'll become.

I think society has turned religion into a club rather than what it truly is.

I think science and religion should go hand in hand at all costs.

I think when people get defensive its the first sign they're uncertain of their beliefs.

Last, but not least, I think atheism is a bad thing. Not for religious reasons or anything like that, but for reasons that will be much more evident when people start living 150+ years.

Thats me in a nutshell

:detective:

boagie

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:31 pm
@withawhy,
Withawhy,Smile

The late Joseph Campbell once said, life is mythologically compelled, so, though I do not believe we have a functional mythology presently, hopefully one will arise from the spectactular wonders of the world and the comos that science is presently unfolding before us. At anyrate Withawhy, we are very pleased indeed that you have chosen to join us. Settle in and make yourself at home, Welcome a board!! boagie:D

Justin

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 02:07 am
@withawhy,
Welcome to the forums! Glad you made it and hope you've found a home on the Internet. Thanks for the introduction and we'll see you in the forums!

jgweed

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 07:25 am
@withawhy,
At the beginning of philosophy was the motto: an unexamined life is not worth living. Now to examine life is to question in a serious manner everything about it, and even the actual questioning itself.
Welcome to the Philforums!
Regards,
John

Rose phil

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:00 pm
@withawhy,
Hi there! Welcome

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:15 pm
@Rose phil,
Welcome to the forums.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:28 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Welcome withawhy!

Now, when people start questioning the question of questioning the question of why they live and think, then we will get into some very deep stuff. Of course, there will always be some person who will question the questions question as well. And then those people that asked that questions question question will be questioned themselves.

Question away and enjoy the forum!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Allow myself to introduce.... myself
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/19/2024 at 11:48:30