Stuck in a loop

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Existentialism
  3. » Stuck in a loop

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 10:21 pm
I keep thinking of existence in it various forms. But keep looping into similar thoughts. Here is something i thought of last night. what are your views?

"There is one. To prove there is another state so much energy is expend that, everything from nothing to big bang to the end, there is no other state."

alethes sophia

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 07:44 pm
@amanagarwa32,
Are you basically saying that you're too lazy to think of more than one thing? Also, what does "existence" have to do with "proof"? Just wondering. I don't see the necessary connection. Do you mean that you need proof of your existence? Or that you don't exist if you don't have proof? Or that proof is existence? What counts as proof? What is "proof"? I'm just having a hard time figuring what you really mean.

amanagarwa32

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2017 11:58 pm
@alethes sophia,
i meant all those questions i.e. from my perspective answering any question involves presumption about a thousand other questions. is that intelligence ?

alethes sophia

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:42 pm
@amanagarwa32,
I'm not sure I understand your question. It's possibly because my English is limited.

But I tend to think that the number "one" requires two things with a distinction made between them: namely, Erebus and its offspring -- ie, dark and light/day. It's a bit messy to borrow terms already used for something else, but conceptually, it could also be called the "is-not" and the "is." (not to be mistaken with parmenides' is and is-not) The distinction between the dark and then the light is what allows number to exist. The first number being "one." But the number "one" is itself made up of two things: is-not and is.

"one," as a concept, cannot exist by itself. That's because the number "one" is a whole number. It is bounded. It is infinity in a neat little package. If it's bounded, then there's edges, and a space that is beyond the edges.

I don't know what this has to do with "intelligence."

I'm still not quite sure what "existence," "one," and "intelligence" have to do with one another. The relationship that you're suggesting that these have with one another is unclear to me. What are you saying the relationship between these things are?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Existentialism
  3. » Stuck in a loop
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 01:59:40