The Metaphor of Life & Living (excerpt)

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » The Metaphor of Life & Living (excerpt)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

jufa
 
Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 04:58 pm
I am new to this forum, and I would like to introduce myself with peaking on the above topic.

Since life has introduced me into the interval of time, space, distance and matter, I have discovered the great thing about it is people can speak within a subject and not address the subject body, which purpose was to make for pondering of, and advancement of stretching probative possibilities. Very few people, I have read who have lived upon this planet, (hearsay exception of Jesus, Buddha, or Laotzu) and the likes has presented to anyone beyond parables, symbols, myth and metaphors, what the 'meaning of life' is definitively through writing, reading or hearing their words, so others people would have a clear path to walk through the trial and tribulations of living in the wisdom of the Spirit of Righteousness.

All living is a personal preference of ones life of ease, despair, hope, or hopelessness based upon ideas of relativism regardless of what one states. Allow me to illustrated what I am saying. Beauty does not mean the same for all. Religion and atheism and all other isms are either based upon events of beliefs of "Look what God has done for me," or "Why would a loving God allow this to happen?" Or I am a self-made individual. Each believer believes they are special, and that the normal circumstance, conditions, situations, and events which befalls every man, woman, and child who has lives and are alive today, cannot affect them as it does others until life bring it upon them in precision without exceptions. And irrespective of what ones beliefs life's favoritism maybe to them, I have seen none exempt from the capriciousness of the thought life filling the individual and collective human conscious sent forth upon the waves of their conscious human interpretations. The A. Crowley's as well as the Moses' walk the path of life subject to the Dr. Jekyll and My Hyde transformation as every other living entity has been and is. There are no exception.

The only intellectual knowledge, magic, mysticism, or supernatural influences one is subject to, in this reciprocal noosphere world of human thought, supposedly comes to those who reach a place within themselves and find there the non-reality of cause and effect according to their trend of teaching and adaptation to factual thinking, divided abstractions of interpreting the things of matter to be reality. In either case, the meaning of life is nonetheless only a metaphor. Why? because no one can fathom the reality of the metaphor is to become the metaphor by living it in the Spirit of the myth of light of the dark mass beyond the human mind.

It doesn't matter what the material world of matter propositions, says or believes, if an individual would just look back to the day in which he became aware of people, that individual will find nothing has changed in the living of man but the advancement of his toys of ease. Life's meaning is still about the business of a life's meaning one will see, according to human rules of thoughts, which are the same rules of interpretation and beliefs handed down by the first individual who fragmented truth into fact of objective knowledge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
 
alethes sophia
 
Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2017 02:14 am
@jufa,
What does this mean: "Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength"?

Can you give me an example?
I tried thinking of one, but the conclusion sounds strange. So, if "truth" is what I (ie, a "person") believe to be my "source of strength," then I shouldn't give "power" to "truth"? Do you mean to presuppose that I have "power" to give to whatever I choose? That sounds fine. But, why shouldn't I give my power to "truth"? Why do you say that it is better if I choose against what I want to do? Maybe you mean that the true source of power is my Self, and so I should give the power to my Self? But, then what happens if I think that my Self is the truth, and/or that my Self is the source of my strength? Then should I not give my power to my Self? I don't understand.
 
jufa
 
Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2017 09:50 am
@alethes sophia,
This is the opening statement of this topic: "Since life has introduced me into the interval of time, space, distance and matter, I have discovered the great thing about it is people can speak within a subject and not address the subject body, which purpose was to make for pondering of, and advancement of stretching probative possibilities."

This is exactly what you have done here, ignored and jumped over the topic to ask about my signature. Please, address the topic for communication. My signature has nothing to do with "The Metaphor of Life & Living."
 
alethes sophia
 
Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 09:18 am
@jufa,
Well, I guess I have nothing to say much about the topic. It's obviously what you think about yourself. What's there to say about it?

But that said, given that this post is an introduction, why is your "signature" off-limits for discussion? This isn't a separate post focusing on your topic. You posted this under "introductions." Doesn't this mean that I get to talk about your signature? Isn't it part of who you are? Perhaps, even more so than the transient content posted here, since the signature stays with you from post to post?
 
jufa
 
Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 10:03 am
@alethes sophia,
alethes sophia wrote:

Well, I guess I have nothing to say much about the topic. It's obviously what you think about yourself. What's there to say about it?

But that said, given that this post is an introduction, why is your "signature" off-limits for discussion? This isn't a separate post focusing on your topic. You posted this under "introductions." Doesn't this mean that I get to talk about your signature? Isn't it part of who you are? Perhaps, even more so than the transient content posted here, since the signature stays with you from post to post?
With there being nothing to say about this topic, which as you state: " It's obviously what you think about yourself. What's there to say about it?" my signature is also what I think about myself, and is inclusive of, again your words, "What's there to say about it?"
Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
 
jufa
 
Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 10:03 am
@alethes sophia,
alethes sophia wrote:

Well, I guess I have nothing to say much about the topic. It's obviously what you think about yourself. What's there to say about it?

But that said, given that this post is an introduction, why is your "signature" off-limits for discussion? This isn't a separate post focusing on your topic. You posted this under "introductions." Doesn't this mean that I get to talk about your signature? Isn't it part of who you are? Perhaps, even more so than the transient content posted here, since the signature stays with you from post to post?
With there being nothing to say about this topic, which as you state: " It's obviously what you think about yourself. What's there to say about it?" my signature is also what I think about myself, and is inclusive of, again your words, "What's there to say about it?"
Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
 
alethes sophia
 
Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 11:13 am
@jufa,
Well, the long monologue about your self-image is too complicated for me to understand. So I thought I could tackle the shorter bit, since maybe it's easier to digest. That's why I was asking about it. Don't worry, though. It's still all about you.
 
alethes sophia
 
Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 11:18 am
@jufa,
BTW, you come off to me as being a total fascist. I can't believe you're harping on me for trying to understand your signature ON AN INTRODUCTION THREAD.

If you don't want the attention, then never mind. I don't want to know about your stupid philosophy anyways. It's probably a fascist philosophy -- which I don't take well to.

Good bye.
 
jufa
 
Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 01:32 pm
@alethes sophia,
alethes sophia wrote:

Well, the long monologue about your self-image is too complicated for me to understand. So I thought I could tackle the shorter bit, since maybe it's easier to digest. That's why I was asking about it. Don't worry, though. It's still all about you.

So all is not schadenfreude along the banks of Alethes Sophia what if thought by him/her meaning nothing, and no one in this thread thus far give a hoot about what is the long and short of what is their thinking.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength I am applying to your go nowhere response in this topic.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
 
jufa
 
Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 01:35 pm
@alethes sophia,
alethes sophia wrote:

BTW, you come off to me as being a total fascist. I can't believe you're harping on me for trying to understand your signature ON AN INTRODUCTION THREAD.

If you don't want the attention, then never mind. I don't want to know about your stupid philosophy anyways. It's probably a fascist philosophy -- which I don't take well to.

Good bye.
So what!!!
Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
 
alethes sophia
 
Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 05:03 pm
@jufa,
So, I think your introduction is strange and somehow false. You sound like some mind police, and you want to control what I think about you. So I am limited only to getting to know you through what you posted in the main body, but not in your signature. That's strange. And somehow false. Don't you think?

But false introductions don't seem to be introductions at all.

In any case, your English was difficult to read. The only semi-coherent thing was your signature line.
 
jufa
 
Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 05:18 pm
@alethes sophia,
alethes sophia wrote:

So, I think your introduction is strange and somehow false. You sound like some mind police, and you want to control what I think about you. So I am limited only to getting to know you through what you posted in the main body, but not in your signature. That's strange. And somehow false. Don't you think?

But false introductions don't seem to be introductions at all.

In any case, your English was difficult to read. The only semi-coherent thing was your signature line.


Haven't U learned by now people don't care what U think.

And how can U hear words that are not spoken?

And U are suppose to display the what U can't understand about what I write so that others can, or cannot agree with U. In any case, as long as U respond, that tells me U understand me. Nonetheless, if U have a problem understanding me, why are you wasting Ur time replying?

 
cicerone imposter
 
Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 08:37 pm
@jufa,
Things are not that simple. We are the product of our genes and our environment. How many variations are there? The metaphor of life includes all the variations that humans have experienced or will experience in the future. Are humans still evolving, or are we at some end? How is the climate on earth changing, and how will that affect life? There are just too many unanswerable questions.
BTW, I enjoy philosophy, and it was my minor in college.
 
jufa
 
Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2017 12:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Things are not that simple. We are the product of our genes and our environment. How many variations are there? The metaphor of life includes all the variations that humans have experienced or will experience in the future. Are humans still evolving, or are we at some end? How is the climate on earth changing, and how will that affect life? There are just too many unanswerable questions.
BTW, I enjoy philosophy, and it was my minor in college.


You would have it we are born, and "are the product of our genes," but this is not so, for what genes, of two different entities, can you identify which included the life of the entity to be born, and characterized that which was alive before entering a body of flesh?

Variety does influence perceptions of directions, but it is consciousness which is the beginning and final term of human being and their opinions, for everything which happens to individuals are projected images from themselves because of the law of karma which must be eliminated from a soul to transition beyond the world of genes and mind consciousness. So the questions are always: "where was I before birth, and at the exact moment of the emergence of the body I entered"

Genes therefore are as building blocks of personalities, but it is consciousness which is the source which govern them.

 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » The Metaphor of Life & Living (excerpt)
Copyright © 2017 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/22/2017 at 04:48:54