dico nam auditis

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 02:07 am
Greetings to everyone-

This looks like an interesting forum, and hopefully I will be engaging you in debate/discussion on a regular basis. I do not philosophize by choice, for surely it is simpler yet to just "cultivate our garden" without theorizing, but it is my natural state of mind. Always questioning what is right and wrong, and why things occur, I am drawn here out of compulsion for knowledge. Not that I believe (in) absolute truth (or that it) is necessarily attainable, but reason can be used to determine more and more ways not to do something, or how something could not work. By this process, truth becomes more approachable, and those things that are wrong can be avoided.

I hope to hear from many of you...I am particularly interested in classical civilization and philosophy, the arts (or philosophy in disguise), political theory, and economics. Feel free to also send me a private message to discuss anything on your mind via this board, or AIM. I like to listen to ideas and argue for the sake of arguing in order to see where that may lead your thought process.

Thanks for reading, and hello to all!

Arjen

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 03:44 am
@Pangloss,
Pleased to meet you Pangloss. I think we are going to encounter eachother now and again judging frm your post. I bet we can learn a thing or two from eachother.

Arjen

Khethil

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 05:12 am
@Arjen,
Very nice intro, welcome! I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

jgweed

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 06:19 am
@Khethil,
It appears, from your brief introduction, that we share many philosophical positions. I look forward to reading your posts and joining in your discussions.
Welcome to Philforums!
Regards,
John

jgweed

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 07:23 am
@Pangloss,
All manner of thinking is encouraged here, especially if it, and responses, are approached from a philosophical perspective.
A warm welcome to you as well.
John

Justin

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 08:07 am
@Pangloss,
Welcome to the forums Pangloss! Good to have you and you are encouraged to make yourself at home. You too Capt. Killjoy! We'll move your intro into it's own thread.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 08:21:58