Backworldman

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:22 pm
hello. i have taken interest in philosophy for several years. i have only one problem when it comes to philosophy and that is the fact that i dont care about the philosophical problems as much as i feel i should. so i hope this messageboard or forum will help me endulge in philosophical topics with a grater care.:detective:

jgweed

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:39 pm
@backworldman,
Surely that you have remained interested in philosophy for some time would indicate at least some care about the problems it raises. Here you will certainly find interesting and open discussions about philosophy and its questioning and if you participate in the better threads you will move towards your goal.
Welcome to the philforum.
Regards,
John

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:10 pm
@jgweed,
Maybe the philosophical questions you think need to be asked are not, thus, you do not care as much as you think you should. Anyway, welcome to the forums. Hopefully, this board helps you find the questions you seek.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:44 am
@Theaetetus,
Welcome backworldman!

I think you have a good concern about philosophy, that is, that you don't care much for the dry established issues. One of my favorite philosophy professors had the opinion that unless philosophy is applied in a practical sense, it was not really of any use because even if any conclusion were reached it may be irrelevant, absurd, obsolete, etc. Philosophy for everyday life is certainly a positive.

I think you will enjoy the forum. There is not a firm reliance on academic philosophy here per se, but rather substantial issues that anyone would consider. It's a great place to start out!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:12:06