Ecclesia Gnostica

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Ecclesia Gnostica

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:57 pm
Hello,

I am a Female Priest in the Ecclesia Gnostica, in Los Angeles, CA and a lifelong seeker of truth. I was baptized an Episcopalian at birth, but after my mother was divorced and we went to live with her cousin in California, we were no longer allowed to attend the Episcopalian church, only the United Brethren, which my Aunt belonged to, and I now realize was a kind of Puritan Christian Cult. I had not been Confirmed in a church until I was re-Baptized (as an adult) and later Confirmed in Ecclesia Gnostica in 1992. I entered holy orders in 1993, and was ordained to the Priesthood in 2001. Before finding the E.G. I had been a member of a Rosicrucian organization, which I later realized was another cult, which I left in 1989. Since that time I have taken over administration of "The Order of the Grail", as a favor to a friend who could no longer do so, and become a Master Mason. I am particularly attracted to the "French Gnostic" stream, writers like Mouni Sadhu, Paul Sedir, and Constant Chevillion, and of course the writings of my Bishop, Dr. Stephan Hoeller. I am interested in neo-Platonic philosophy and certain forms of Christian Mysticism, kabala , comparative religions and mythology, especially Celtic Myths and Grail Legends.

I look forward to this additional opportunity to learn and share insights!

Sincerely,

Rev. (Dame) Donna

Justin

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 02:03 pm
@revdamedonna,
Warm welcome to you Rev. Donna! Seems like a lot of Churches or actually religions are seemingly cult like. I was raised in one that was originally Episcopalian but since became non-denominational. You have an interesting background and we hope to see you get involved in the forums. We need more female presence on this forum to balance it out.

You'll find a lot of interesting threads and a lot of good minds. Stay tuned because we're getting ready to open up some Religion forums that will be interesting for discussion.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to introduce yourself and please do make yourself at home.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 03:07 pm
@Justin,
I was also raised Episcopalian, and confirmed in the Church. While I am still very fond of the liberal strain, I've become more of a freelance Christian.

Gnosticism has become an interest of mine. I look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Richardgrant

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:18 pm
@revdamedonna,
Hi Donna, welcome, I am an Australian visiting Justin, and am enjoying the forum with Justins help. My whole awakening has come by combining the Sermon on the Mount with Walter Russells philosophy. I also enjoy Unity church. Look forward to your participation.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Ecclesia Gnostica
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:44:49