Philosophy is it

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Corax

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 01:21 am
hey today i thought "i bet theres an nice forum centered around philosophy" and there is, so here i am, i just started studying philosophy in college and im already pretty sure ill major in it, ive always had an interest in it throughout my life though. also, my v key doesnt work 100% of the time and you will probably notice afew missing v's, i should get a new keyboard really.

Victor Eremita

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 01:41 am
@Corax,
Hi Corax; cool, major in philosophy, eh?

Here's my advice as a relatively recent university philosophy grad, take a course in existentialism, a senior-level logic course or two, and an eastern or non-Western philosophy course; and minor or dbl major in a "profitable" discipline (business, computer science, engineering, etc!) You can't lose!

Cheers,
Eremita

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 07:11 am
@Victor Eremita,
Welcome Corax!

Sorry to hear about the broken v key thing. I too have an above normal anger towards the v key... and at times it gets pretty bad. Just look at that v-key... just sitting there all lazy like when the majority of the work is done by the rest of the alphabet. V key... you get a job.

But I choose to ignore the v-key or substitute it. For example. Instead of Violin, I say Uiolin, or \/iolin (double slash mark)... or go in a completely different road and say "classy banjo" or "midget cello"

But still... that doesn't explain where the other V's went to. Sir... you have been reported. LOL!

Enjoy the forum!

jgweed

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:06 am
@VideCorSpoon,
Congratulations on your choice of a major. I never regretted majoring in Philosophy because it allowed me to wander through almost any other subject with ease when selecting a minor, and I could always drop a name or two at any faculty-student party.
You can get a simple Logitech keyboard for around twenty dollars and be done with the V problem (have you tried removing the pad and cleaning under the key?)

Welcome to PhilForum!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 05:52:08