You can't have everything...where would you put it?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » You can't have everything...where would you put it?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:37 pm
Hi
I came across this site last night, and decided to stop by and check it out. I'm not politically active, nor do I belong to any religious orders, but I have a respect for the beliefs of others. I have a good sense of humour..love to laugh. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

jgweed

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:37 am
@Gwyniviere,
A very warm welcome to the Philosophy Forum.
Cheers,
John

Gwyniviere

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:45 am
@jgweed,
thank you for the welcome John... we can all use some "warmth" with winter just around the corner

jgweed

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:46 pm
@Gwyniviere,
How true. One appreciates the coolness and colours of autumn, and sometimes forgets the bitter winds and deep snows of winter.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:55 pm
@jgweed,
Wear a coat. Problem solved.

jgweed

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 01:11 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
You have never experienced Chicago winters and the wind sheering between buildings, against which no coat is sufficient to keep you warm for more than ten minutes.

Poseidon

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 02:36 pm
@jgweed,
Hmmm... Africa,

I barely even turned the heater on for more than two nights this last winter.
A scarf and hat? Whats that?

Daytime in winter is shorts and a swim in the Indian ocean.
Its never too cold for a swim in Mandela Bay.
The only real problem, is that the locals haven't really
cottoned on to the idea of siesta yet....

Its Springtime today!

seeing as though you have everything already ....

just leave it where it is ...?

Gwyniviere

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 03:37 pm
@Poseidon,
of course... leave things where they are until the ocassion arrives that it may be needed

I agree with you John... winters here can be cold and damp brrrr. wind cutting across Lake Ontario is not pleasant in the cold months

Having also lived in Africa one must appreciate the vastness of the continent. We were situated in the savanna. Can get quite cool during the "cold season" It was not uncommon to see people sporting woolen sweaters and hats at night.

Billy phil

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 05:54 am
@jgweed,
Gwyniviere;24461 wrote:
I agree with you John... winters here can be cold and damp brrrr. wind cutting across Lake Ontario is not pleasant in the cold months

Are you in Canada?

I grew up on Lake erie in Buffalo.

Gwyniviere

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 11:31 am
@Billy phil,
Yes I am Billy. I spent several years in Toronto and Kingston, and have now returned to the "great white north". Does that make me cuckoo, like the MacKenzie brothers? lol

Billy phil

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:06 pm
@Gwyniviere,
Not at all.

Lately, I hear MANY Americans saying if McCain gets elected, they are leaving the country.

AND NOW THAT the Canadien $ = the US $, what's to lose?

Billy

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:23 pm
@Billy phil,
People say lots of things. People said that they would leave the country if Bush was elected to a second term. Funny how those people are still here saying the same thing about McCain.

Gwyniviere

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 08:18 pm
@Billy phil,
Just curious:
What would you do here in Canada? I hope you're a doctor, because we sure could use some up here.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 05:41 pm
@Gwyniviere,
Some of us are serious about leaving should McCain be elected. I have a degree to finish, but after that's done... well, I will certainly be surveying my options. Might teach English in the east, or move to some remote Canadian village, teach and cultivate my garden.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 06:47 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
I don't know. I haven't been enthused by either candidate. Do I vote for Jeff Johnson or John Jeffson? Whoever is elected... still expect the same amount of bureaucracy and broken campaign promises.

As a fan of the short lived tv series Due South... become a Mountie if you move to Canada. You will learn about caribou and tracking and... snow. You can then move to New York and get a wicked awesome show partnered with a tough but lovable new york detective fighting crime using your Mountie know how. Of course, there will always be the occasional cameo appearances by such notable b-list personalities as Cathy griffin and James woods.

http://i36.tinypic.com/oic7c6.jpg

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 09:19 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
Despite the similarities and obvious failings of both major US parties, the difference between a McCain administration and an Obama administration are drastic. One might even decriminalize a particular herb! The other will, without doubt, continue to incarcerate non-violent users of said herb; and do so at unprecedented rates.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » You can't have everything...where would you put it?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:49:29