John Stuart Mill, and more

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » John Stuart Mill
  3. » John Stuart Mill, and more

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 04:28 pm
J.S. Mill's a pretty important philosopher. I'm surprised there aren't also sub-forums for Ayn Rand (not that I care for her), John Rawls, and John Dewey, among others.

boagie

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 04:35 pm
@clearthought,
clearthought,Smile

If you have a rather through knowledge of any one given philosopher you are quite welcome to do a workup in the subforum for said philosopher. It would be considered a service to the forum at large and be most appreciated.Smile

"When fascism comes to America it will come wrapped in a flag, and carrying a cross." StClair Lewis. Think Bush!!

Victor Eremita

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 05:33 pm
@boagie,
Aside from logic textbooks, John Stuart Mill was the first philosopher I ever read. I'd be happy to do a workup on him when I have time.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 10:23 pm
@Victor Eremita,
JS Mill was also one of my early reads. I still enjoy reading his work.

A John Dewey sub-forum would be interesting.

Quote:
"When fascism comes to America it will come wrapped in a flag, and carrying a cross." StClair Lewis. Think Bush!!

You're not joking! As much as I loathe Nixon, the Bush administration made Nixon and his cronies look like a bunch of idle school kids.

Deftil

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:21 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Was just reading about JS Mill earlier today. Interesting guy.

jgweed

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:14 am
@Deftil,
I remember reading On Liberty when young and it was extremely influential in forming my subsequent political perspectives. I think his Autobiography one of the finest examples of the genre.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » John Stuart Mill
  3. » John Stuart Mill, and more
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:17:35