New to Philosophy

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to Philosophy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JN1

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 08:45 am
Dear all,
I have recently joined the forum in the hope to gain some insightful knowledge, and hope to contribute to some of the interesting debates too!

I have come across some interesting questions over the years which have caused quite a stir and I still have come out of the debate not knowing what to make of the topic. At times I stuggle with understanding my own religious beliefs combined with Science.

By the way, does anyone know what this statement means?

"By a divine paradox, wherever there is one slave there are two. So in the wonderful reciprocities of being, we can never reach the higher levels until all our fellows ascend with us."

Kind Regards

JN

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:50 am
@JN1,
by a divine paradox, wherever there is one slave there are two. So in the wonderful reciprocities of being, we can never reach the higher levels until all our fellows ascend with us.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:41 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
Welcome to the forums.

Arjen

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:42 pm
@JN1,
Hi JN, welcome. Smile

JN1 wrote:

"By a divine paradox, wherever there is one slave there are two. So in the wonderful reciprocities of being, we can never reach the higher levels until all our fellows ascend with us."

Justin

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 07:49 am
@JN1,
Warm welcome to the forum JN1!

JN1 wrote:

The above is actually in my signature and was quoted by Edwin Markham. I'm not exactly sure of the history of it but for me it was something that struck the right chord.

I interpret the above quote as a much deeper meaning of life and that one man cannot rise alone or transcend to a higher level of consciousness by him or herself. It can also be looked upon as a rule of the sort and applied to ones life and business.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and please make yourself at home and enjoy the community.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to Philosophy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 05:34:20