New to the forum, philosophy enthusiast!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to the forum, philosophy enthusiast!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

tune

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:52 pm
Hey there, i'm Dan and im very interested in philosophy, currently I'm studying it at A-Level.

My main interests are the mind body distinction, especially phenominalism and the studies of freddie ayer, david hume, wittgenstein etc. As you can tell im an empiricist!

Looking forward to taking philosophy to degree level in the future!

I just thought that this forum may help me widen my philosophical horizons and recieve other points of view and enable me to futher engage in discussion!

--Dan

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:11 pm
@tune,
We're glad to have you on the forums. I also enjoy Hume. Look forward to joining you in discussions.

tune

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:13 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
We're glad to have you on the forums. I also enjoy Hume. Look forward to joining you in discussions.

i also do Smile
How do i access topic's? ive attmpted to create a new topic in the epistomology subforum to no prevail?!

--Dan

tune

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:46 pm
@tune,
Hmmm. Well i guess somone obvioiusly moderated the post prior to this one whilst i was writing my reply.

To spark a small discussion i guess i could bring that topic back up.
It was correctly pointed out that the post above this had spelling errors (this one probably will do as well.) And i was told to learn correct spelling and vocabulary before i venture to discuss truth (refering to my interests in epistEmology.)

Which in itself is a crude statement; is it not more beneficial to be able to fully articulate yourself indepth on matters, to the best of your ability. Rather than to be a grammar nazi that also failed! due to misspelling vocabulary...

Still a bump to my previous post - is there any reason my account still as restrictions on it?

--Dan

iconoclast

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 02:34 pm
@tune,
tune,

i hope you didn't find that post offensive - it was meant in fun. welcome and please feel free to share your ideas in the epistomology section.

I've just read your comments in the epistemology section and am unable to help with your problem. I haven't read Wittgenstien or Ayer - so that's poetic justice. agian, welcome.

:a-ok:

iconoclast.

Justin

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:37 pm
@tune,
Welcome! You should be all clear to post threads. Once you reply to an existing thread or come in here and open an introduction thread, you are the automatically released into General Population and thus can start a new thread. :sarcastic:

Needless to say, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us and hope that you find this a great place to meet with other minds and talk about things that really matter in a way that it's respectful of one another. PM me if for some reason you cannot post and please accept my apologies for not replying sooner.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to the forum, philosophy enthusiast!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:50:25