Daoism - Introduction

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Taoism
  3. » Daoism - Introduction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 03:12 am
hello,

The site below has some free podcasts by a daoist master from China, Master Dong Yang.

In the podcasts, he explains daoist philosophy in regards to achieving health and longevity and in regards to the nature of illness and disease.

He also explains the daoist philosophy behind energy and human capability and their relation to and reliance upon nature.

His form of Daoism is entirely non-religious, it is more of a philosophy and practical approach to everyday life.

LaoZi Academy

Its well worth a listen if you've got a chance,

Kind regards,

Oak

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:44 am
@Oak phil,
As with any spiritual teacher, instituion, ect, when they try to sell you something, run away!

Consider this quote from the "Products" page of the site:
"All the products we offer on this website are specifically related to the cultivation of Dao."

You may find my criticism a quibble, but I do hope you will consider it. The claim that incense and teas are somehow helpful in the "cultivation of Dao" must strike anyone who has read the Tao-Te-Ching as nothing less than silly.

If you are interested in Taoist philosophy, I recomend the following website:
Daoist Philosophy
and, most importantly, reading the Tao-Te-Ching.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Taoism
  3. » Daoism - Introduction
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 05:38:18