Just saying hello

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Just saying hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 11:09 am
Hello everyone

I am glad I found a forum that isn't talking about the latest fashion trend, or just a bunch of people trying to push there new found religion on me. I am pretty open and see things in a logical manor. I am willing to have any discussion with whom ever.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 11:19 am
@savagemonk,
Welcome savagemonk!

First, I'm loving the new fall fashions coming out (OMG! Can you believe what Jessica Simpson is wearing) and I would like to tell you a little bit about scientology if you have a minute. LOL!

Worry not, you are among friends here. That you possess a relative mind and a logical manor is a great disposition to have here. I'm sure you will be a great contributor to the forum.

Have a blast and if you have any questions or so on, don't hesitate to ask!

savagemonk

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 12:48 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
I will be sure to ask questions thank you. It is good to know that intelligence and humor still exist in the world. It is unfortunate that the rest of the world chooses to remain on the feeding tube of self indulgence and materialistic measures of self worth.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:28 pm
@savagemonk,

Jazz phil

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:30 pm
@savagemonk,
I second that :cool:

savagemonk

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:46 pm
@Jazz phil,
She does look good in jeans. I see nothing wrong in appreciating the beauty in things. The problem lies when one feels that they are worth nothing because they do not have that same beauty. haveing material items for fun and pleasure is not wrong at all. It is when the consume you and you are no longer the consumer.

You are being fed instead of feeding yourself.

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:30 am
@savagemonk,
Why aren't we discussing Scientology considering it is the first rational viewpoint of the world. You know, if people like Tom Cruise believe in Xenu, it must be the ultimate authority. :whistling:

Anyway, sorry for the diversion. Welcome to the forums savagemonk.

savagemonk

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:20 pm
@Theaetetus,
Thank you for the intriguing welcome. Unfortunately I have not built up the stomach to research Scientology or tom cruise. I will have to indulge in some Pepto and give it a look so that we can continue this on the correct forum **Laughing out loud**

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:15 pm
@savagemonk,
Too bad ancient Greek takes up a lot of my free time now, because I have a feeling that our potential conversation about Scientology and Tom Cruise would have solved all the problems within the universe. Maybe in an alternate universe...

savagemonk

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:35 pm
@Theaetetus,
First we most prove that there is an alternate universe. Scientist have mathematically discovered parallel dimensions. 12 I believe was the last number. So in theory there would have to be an alternate universe/s. Or that they are merely mirrors on a different time scale than us. So perhaps Scientology my hold some answers to the famous debate of creation and evolution. Surely an omnipresent being of infinite power wouldn't create time rifts and alternate dimensions. He would only make us right. LOL

I am gonna have to give tom a call and see what he thinks about this **Sarcasm**

astrotheological

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:08 am
@savagemonk,
I'm also new and think logically not religiously.

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:21 am
@astrotheological,
I'm not new but also an amateur. I think abstractually, and I am not religious. Laughing

savagemonk

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 08:37 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Pleasure to meet you both. I apologize for the late reply I work 2 jobs so I am only able to get here on the weekends. I see in more of a spiritual aspect as opposed to a religious one. All of the religious experiences that I have had. Always led to them trying to convince me rather than show me the logic and facts.

Gwyniviere

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 11:50 am
@VideCorSpoon,
Kudos!!! Very well stated Savage. Having the time and ability to indulge in philosophical thought is indeed a luxury few can afford. Yet, without the exchange of ideas where do we begin to understand our relationship with the universe?

savagemonk

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:54 pm
@Gwyniviere,
Gwyniviere wrote:
Kudos!!! Very well stated Savage. Having the time and ability to indulge in philosophical thought is indeed a luxury few can afford. Yet, without the exchange of ideas where do we begin to understand our relationship with the universe?

Unfortunatlly just thinking is not going to solve the problems (unknown) of the universe we must step into it and experiance it first hand. If not then it is just a thought.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Just saying hello
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:05:02