Hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:37 pm
Hello. I've been searching for a proper philosophy forum for a while...I think I've found it. I'm studying psychology, yet, my speculative propensity pulls me out from the "scientific study of the mind" as it always places some irritating "?" before every theory.
Hope to soothe a little these "?" by virtual sharing...

Justin

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 07:19 am
@pitzikus,
Welcome Pitzikus! Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to the forum. Looks like you may have found the right forum to discuss some of these questions as many of us have "?" and collectively we come up with some interesting answers.

We look forward to your involvement in the forums. Please make yourself at home!

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 08:02 am
@Justin,
If you want philosophy you came to the right place. That speculative propensity you speak of is philosophy. Anyway, hope we can help you soothe some "?"

VideCorSpoon

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:08 am
@Theaetetus,
Welcome pitzikus!

Like they say in economics, there is always a propensity to consume.

It's great that you have an interest in psychology. I think that would make for some very interesting conversations in the future on the forum. There are a ton of major figures in psychology that are extremely interesting. But Freud tends to be overdone. I have always had an interest in Melanie Klein and especially Harry Stack Sullivan. He had some wonderful thoughts on "things that are often what they seem."

But still, welcome! Have a blast!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 06:38:23