Hi!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:26 pm
I've been trying to study philosophy in a vacuum for the last little while until I finally had the bright idea to look for other like-minded people on the internet! What a concept. From what I can tell this looks like a good place to spark up a discussion and I'm glad to have found it so easily. I'm looking forward to participating in and hopefully initiating some great discussions. :bigsmile:

Justin

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:41 pm
@Heather phil,
Warm welcome to you Heather! Glad to see you found us and finding like minds is not always the easiest of things to do, but the Internet has made all of it possible. We look forward to your participation on the forum and always pleased to see some female balance in these forums. Make yourself at home.

Deftil

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:06 pm
@Heather phil,
Thanks goodness for the internet, right?

Welcome, Heather.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:17 pm
@Deftil,

Heather phil

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:48 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
Well, what originally got me hooked was a class I took in Ancient Philosophy, then lately my interest has been focused toward existentialism/metaphysics and in particular I've been reading Camus lately (even though he would deny being an existentialist, or perhaps even a philosopher).

I hear you about the house of cards in a wind tunnel...hahah. I think philosophy has to be discussed to even have a remote chance of reaching toward understanding. I realized I wasn't getting anywhere when all I got was blank stares and rapid subject changes from people who I try to discuss this stuff with (i.e. everyone in my immediate circle, lol).

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 03:21 pm
@Heather phil,

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 02:48:30