Islamic Symbolism

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 01:40 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Well, I also do not understand. I pay double every time.

Miller

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 01:21 am
I suspect that the importance of the color green to the Muslim is similar to the respect that many Jews have for the color blue.Techelet (Blue Thread)

Quote:
The Torah commands us to include a blue ("techelet") fringe among the tzitzit fringes. This fringe must be dyed blue with the blood of a shellfish called "chilazon." This rare fish is a denizen of the Mediterranean Sea.

After the Jewish people were exiled from the Holy Land, the chilazon was no longer available. For many centuries Jews wore tzitzit without a techelet fringe.

In the past century, there have been certain venerable rabbis who claimed to have identified the chilazon, based on this fish's distinguishing features described in the Talmud. Since then, tzitzit with techelet has made a comeback, and one can often spot people sporting such tallitot. There are many, however, who have cast doubts on the re-identification of the chilazon.

Rabbi Sholom DovBer, the fifth Rebbe of Lubavitch, maintained that according to the teachings of Kabbalah the chilazon will not reemerge until the coming of the Messiah

chabad.org

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:39 am
I think that there is no relation between islam and green color, and in all relgions th green color symbolizes the peace, and for this reasons this color is used in many other religion as Arthodox.

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:41 am
I think that there is no relation between green color and islam, and this a tradition color which symbolizes the peace.

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:41 am
@xris,
I think that there is no relation between green color and islam, and this a tradition color which symbolizes the peace.

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:42 am
@Pepijn Sweep,

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:42 am
@Pepijn Sweep,

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:43 am
@Pepijn Sweep,

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:43 am

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:44 am
@xris,

assef72

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:45 am

kavir1698

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 06:56 pm
Reading a book on Sufism and a couple on Yoga and Indian mysticism, I think the respect for green color in Islam is because of how they define human nature. As described by kundalini yoga, there are seven major energy centers in human body along side the back bone, Chakras. Each Chakra is represented by a color. In Indian tradition, the most important Chakra, is the one at the top of head, colored purple. In Islamic Sufism, they correspond the same colors to Chakras, by they consider the Chakra located near heart as the most important one, which is colored green.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 08:34 am
Wink

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:19:11