Criticisms of Kant's expositions of space (+Time)

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Immanuel Kant
  3. » Criticisms of Kant's expositions of space (+Time)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Agape

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:12 am
Ok now Ive finally pretty much understood what Kant is going on about in his Aesthetic.

I see that (he says) space and time are the forms of appearance and are necessary for experience to take place.

I would like to get a discussion going on what criticisms people have about his 4 arguments of space/time plus the traqnscendental expositions or anything else related to this area of the critique as a whole.

What are the main problems which aris with his arguments? Plus sources from other thinkers to support this if poss, thanks.

Arjen

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:34 pm
@Agape,
You might want to read Schopenhauer who argues four points as well. You know I am dutch, so the words I use may not be the proper translation. Who knows my dabbling can get you anywhere. Smile

The fourfold root of the law of sufficent cause.

Knowing causality is the only function of the intellect according to Schopenhauer. The first, always present aspect of the intellect is the observation of the phenomena. This is causal in all ways and thereby all perceptions are intellectual. Because of this the intellect is not seperate from percieving, nor of determining the relations. This is the basis for experiencing.

'The world is my imagination'

The four grounds:

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Immanuel Kant
  3. » Criticisms of Kant's expositions of space (+Time)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:44:52