josh0335

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:20 am
Salaams peeps,

It's a pleasure to sign up to the Forum. I've been lurking around reading threads for about a month now and believe this is the prfect place for a beginner to philosophy to start. I've had no formal education in philosophy but it is something that has always interested me. I'm looking to learn as much as I can and make friends and be part of this online community. Also, maybe learn of some good reading material online for beginners to learn about the different branches of philosophy.

Thanks for reading!

Peace

VideCorSpoon

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 07:24 am
@josh0335,
Welcome josh0335!

No need for formal education in philosophy, just have an open mind when you approach the subjects. Philosophy is only what you make of it, so let your interests take you where you want to go.

You'll have many friends here, so don't hesitate to ask questions or posit answers to the others.

Are there any particular areas of philosophy you like or would like to learn more about? If you just want to stretch your legs and get used to the philosophizing, browse through the general discussion section. There are a lot of really good commentators discussing current events with a philosophical twist. Or if you have a question about any subject, post a question as a new thread in one of the Branches of Philosophy section. I'm sure you'll get a warm response!

Enjoy the forum!

josh0335

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:38 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
Thanks V. I'm not sure about what parts I want to learn so I'll be open to everything! Thank you for the warm welcome.

Peace

Justin

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 04:11 pm
@josh0335,
Peace and welcome Josh! Thanks for signing up to the forum and as Vide said, there are plenty of good discussions going on so I'm sure you'll fit right in. Appreciate the intro and look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:47 pm
@Justin,
Cool - we're glad to have you with us.

This forum really is a special refuge on the net. Blame Justin - he does such a great job here.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:36:43