Hello from Toronto

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello from Toronto

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:03 pm
I am new to the forum and wanted to say Hello. I am most interested in continental contemporary philosophy, though my interests are not exclusive to this. I have mostly been interested in phenomenology, but am slowly getting lured by Deleuze and his wild antics. I also am very interested in Process philosophy, and especially Bergson. I look forward to some interesting talks.

Justin

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:06 pm
@lost at sea,
Thank you for the intro and warm welcome to the Philosophy Forum! Please make yourself at home and enjoy the forum and some of the new features that we will be integrating very soon. We look forward to future discussions!

boagie

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:21 pm
@lost at sea,
lost at sea,Smile

You sound like an interesting addition to our forum here. I will look forward to some interesting dialogues with you. In the mean time make yourself at home, we are glad to have you aboard lost at sea!!Smile

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:25 pm
@Justin,
Welcome lost_at_sea!

Continental philosophy wise, Nietzsche and Kierkegaard come up a lot in the forum! Especially Nietzsche. I've always been a fan of classical metaphysics, so it'll be great if you started a thread on process philosophy. I admit I'm not that familiar with that extension of metaphysics.

But I have not heard the name Deleuze for a long time. He wrote a very interesting book called the Logic of Sense some years ago that I found very interesting. Paradoxes and Paradoxes!

Enjoy the forum!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello from Toronto
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:36:34