*Drumroll*

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Tyr

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:44 am
Hey, I'm Tyr...Ty if you really can't be bothered to type the final letter. As a child I never used to be interested in science or the mysteries of the universe, or even about the mystery of self. However, when I entered my teens, I was struck down with depression which, after a pretty tough period in my life, has forever changed my views and opinions.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Apart from my favourites lists.

Favourite Philosophers/Philosophies
Confucius/Master Kung
Laozi
Zhuangzi
Zhang Ling
Taoism
Yin-Yang Variation

Favourite subjects of discussion
Religion and it's impacts on humanity
Evolution
Ethics and Morals
Aesthetics

And that pretty much...covers it, I guess.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 07:00 am
@Tyr,
Anyone who lists Chunag-Tzu as one of their favorite philosophers earns immediate cool points in my book.

Glad to see you on the forums.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 08:38 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Welcome!

If you like Laozi, then would certainly like Heraclitus, Democritus, and other early Greek philosophers who also theorized on the origins of the universe. And Zhuangzi is a fantastic source for relativistic notions.

I can definitely say that there is a venue for all of your interests here. The aesthetics section is really good as well, so you'll get some very good responses to your comments.

Have a blast!

boagie

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 08:51 am
@VideCorSpoon,
Tyr,Smile

The melancholy state it seems is a rich creative womb if you like, it does tend to put one in touch with the human condition. You seem to have an impressive curiousity about you, that will be appreciated here. At anyrate welcome to the forum Tyr, we indeed are pleased you have chosen to join us!! boagie:)

Tyr

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 02:12 pm
@boagie,
Thankyou all for the welcomes and for the encouragement. Like I said, the medium of philosophy is still new to me. Any suggestions on literature which would provide useful concepts, challenges and information in any areas -particularly in metaphysics, duality and causality- would be uchly appreciated.

-Tyr

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 03:18:18