My personal explanation of "God" and religion

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

lazer
 
Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:19 pm
@Mentally Ill,
I have enjoyed reading about different belief systems ever since I can remember and after a while my own beliefs started forming. I believe that, like you say, we are all one - an infinite pool of energy, if you will. We manipulate this energy in the ways that are the easiest for us to comprehend (I like to call it energy because this is what's easiest for me to define it as). Christians pray for miracles, Wiccans conduct rituals to their God and Goddess, etc. All of these things we do are, in my opinion, just ways for us to manipulate ourselves and the world around us (which is really part of 'ourselves' as well). We can't fully comprehend that we are the world because we are all infinitely connected, so we make our own definitions and invent the god or gods, and we use them to allow ourselves to manipulate this energy and pool that we're all an integral part of.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 12:19 am
@Mentally Ill,
Mentally Ill;129533 wrote:
"So then there is the universe and then there is God: TWO."

This is a complete misunderstanding of what I'm saying...
I don't think 'god' exists. 'God' is just a notion, outdated terminology, used to describe the phenomenon of all things actually being one thing.
There is no 'god' deity. We are in this by ourselves, nothing watching over us, nothing all powerful, all knowing. That's not what I'm talking about when I say the word 'god'.
I'm just using the word 'god' to describe this phenomenon. I prefer to call it 'infinite singularity' actually.
I think that when people think they've spoken to 'god', they've briefly experienced complete open mindedness momentarily and have felt the infinite singularity.


:bigsmile: Why use a word which describes something non-existant ?

It's like quoting Scriptures to proof Evolution Theory. There still is not One-Theory so we have no Choice; multi-Thruth. Laughing

PS Her There Is No Thruth. It's all Per-cept-ions
Moment of infinite singularity is pretty lonely as Hell:thats-enough:
 
pondfish
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 01:24 am
@Mentally Ill,
GOD is just an answer for all unknowns. Human brain need more energy and blood to think for unending thought process...it will bleed to death.

God answer sometimes helps some people. Not all people need same level energy to balance.

It is all just a game human likes to play. Smile
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 02:23 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;141443 wrote:
GOD is just an answer for all unknowns. Human brain need more energy and blood to think for unending thought process...it will bleed to death.

God answer sometimes helps some people. Not all people need same level energy to balance.

It is all just a game human likes to play. Smile


:sarcastic: Yes we all need games. Some play on the DOW, some play Nintendo and others study Phenomina like gods and godesses. To me it tells a lot a'bout the development of a people how they see their gods.

In our western society we worship God, in the Muslim community we praise Al-lah but Mammon thriumps both to our general embarresment. I choose for a small god. Ancient but all-ways good to the poor and needy. Jezus, Boeddha and Mohammed in his early days were meaning well. We people twisted their words I am afraid.

PSHER:devilish:
 
pondfish
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 03:07 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
God or any belief do not exist when you do not exist. When you exist (belief) then it needs a reference and it accumulate all kind of beliefs like root of a tree to manifest itself its existance.

Ask questions , never agree or disagree.

All die like crap eventually!. You can wake up now. And see you have been brain washed by human society.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 03:41 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;141465 wrote:
God or any belief do not exist when you do not exist. When you exist (belief) then it needs a reference and it accumulate all kind of beliefs like root of a tree to manifest itself its existance.

Ask questions , never agree or disagree.

All die like crap eventually!. You can wake up now. And see you have been brain washed by human society.


I could not care less. Being brainwashed gives insight in human society. I do form my opinion and will speak out loud. I will answer to somebody who claims not to exist. Tried pinching yourself ?

With kind regards,
Pepijn Sweeps:devilish:
 
pondfish
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 04:06 am
@Mentally Ill,
There is no insight. Only beliefs. There are billions of them. Nothing wrong. When you are ready you will see. Some are happy doing cooking , it is not good to give them other job or they go crazy even if you have good intention.

Every one needs shock therapy.

Everyone is babbling about their beliefs and talking to themself. It is funny one way.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:19 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;141479 wrote:
There is no insight. Only beliefs. There are billions of them. Nothing wrong. When you are ready you will see. Some are happy doing cooking , it is not good to give them other job or they go crazy even if you have good intention.

Every one needs shock therapy.

Everyone is babbling about their beliefs and talking to themself. It is funny one way.

:Not-Impressed:Yeah, it's funny one-way...It pretty confusing many ways, including so-called reality. You state yourself everything is based on believes. Well, I have my own believes.

About my cooking being good or bad; who's to decide? My distinguise Guests this After-Noon. I do not need JOB.

The rest of your Post was no shock to me.

PS Birthdate
Laughing:happybday:
 
pondfish
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:30 am
@Mentally Ill,
you are just talking through your little box. Nothing wrong. Just little tiny box.
 
wayne
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 07:19 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;141490 wrote:
you are just talking through your little box. Nothing wrong. Just little tiny box.


When I hear pond fish I think Carp, nothing wrong just tiny little box
I do get a lot out of your posts though, as apparently do many others, I am happy you are receiving the attention you crave, although I fear it may be rather empty as we are not real humanses

:whistling:
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:38 pm
@wayne,
wayne;141506 wrote:
When I hear pond fish I think Carp, nothing wrong just tiny little box
I do get a lot out of your posts though, as apparently do many others, I am happy you are receiving the attention you crave, although I fear it may be rather empty as we are not real humanses

:whistling:
In my tradition it's the purpose to have understanding of God. Not to be his replacement on Earth. In my opinion believes are severely compromised by the eager to govern a country. All of my respect to other forms of organization but Here we wnt to live in Pease & Consensus. Best in the long run.

PSHermes:lol:
 
Mentally Ill
 
Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:54 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
"Why use a word which describes something non-existant"

Ideas are real despite not existing in space...
Infinity isn't an object, we still use the word infinity to describe a notion.
That's what I'm doing. God is the word I've chosen to use to describe the notion of infinite singularity.
Doesn't seem that confusing...

---------- Post added 03-24-2010 at 06:58 PM ----------

Pepijn Sweep;141487 wrote:
:Not-Impressed:Yeah, it's funny one-way...It pretty confusing many ways, including so-called reality. You state yourself everything is based on believes. Well, I have my own believes.

About my cooking being good or bad; who's to decide? My distinguise Guests this After-Noon. I do not need JOB.

The rest of your Post was no shock to me.

PS Birthdate
Laughing:happybday:


You can have your own opinions but not your own facts.
My original post is grounded is modern scientific theory.
You can't just say whatever you want and back it up with "it's my opinion".
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 09:45 pm
@Mentally Ill,
Mentally Ill;143344 wrote:
"Why use a word which describes something non-existant"

Ideas are real despite not existing in space...
Infinity isn't an object, we still use the word infinity to describe a notion.
That's what I'm doing. God is the word I've chosen to use to describe the notion of infinite singularity.
Doesn't seem that confusing...

---------- Post added 03-24-2010 at 06:58 PM ----------



You can have your own opinions but not your own facts.
My original post is grounded is modern scientific theory.
You can't just say whatever you want and back it up with "it's my opinion".


[CENTER]Fis\rst

IMO your forum-Name sucks. It's disrespectfull, no matter what it means in LA. I do not accept American definitions of Health since I think a big part of US population is considered seriously sick by progresive Europeans.

American Science is ridiculous. I am not going to check this but my guess is that the mayority of American scientists is first or second generation immigrants. Their roots will be more defined by their own culture and values.

Once US gained respect; within three generation US managed to become the moral embarresment of the Western World. Do not flatter yourselves with so-called scientific methodes. So does the Scientology Church and they believe in Sjamans (Siberian).

I do not use my own facts; the fact you can't comprehend a World without Capital&Congress&Christ is not my problem. When US doesn't comprehend the changing World any more: keep your big beak out of it. Pay your debts, reduce your Army, pollute Alaska, but do not make the rest follow your "science"of more & more without paying for the consequences.

Disgust for narrow mindedness. You block free development. Extra news: GOD is not a scientist. Surely not a pre=Popper one...:shifty:

Hope you learn to think without restrains,
Have a nice Day


[/CENTER]
 
Mentally Ill
 
Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 09:00 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;143370 wrote:
[CENTER]Fis\rst

IMO your forum-Name sucks. It's disrespectfull, no matter what it means in LA. I do not accept American definitions of Health since I think a big part of US population is considered seriously sick by progresive Europeans.

American Science is ridiculous. I am not going to check this but my guess is that the mayority of American scientists is first or second generation immigrants. Their roots will be more defined by their own culture and values.

Once US gained respect; within three generation US managed to become the moral embarresment of the Western World. Do not flatter yourselves with so-called scientific methodes. So does the Scientology Church and they believe in Sjamans (Siberian).

I do not use my own facts; the fact you can't comprehend a World without Capital&Congress&Christ is not my problem. When US doesn't comprehend the changing World any more: keep your big beak out of it. Pay your debts, reduce your Army, pollute Alaska, but do not make the rest follow your "science"of more & more without paying for the consequences.

Disgust for narrow mindedness. You block free development. Extra news: GOD is not a scientist. Surely not a pre=Popper one...:shifty:

Hope you learn to think without restrains,
Have a nice Day


[/CENTER]


Wow. You're coming across as extremely ignorant by throwing around all those stereotypes like that. My beliefs don't have anything to do with Jesus, in any way. What you just did in that last post is equivalent to racism and I hope you can see why without me explaining it to you.
Moreover, the science I was referring to is not "American science", it's the world's leading quantum theory. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, I don't care, at all, what you think about my name, AND, I'm not from L.A. You moron.

Facts are facts. 2 + 2 = 4 no matter what you believe. Understand?
Gravity exists whether you accept it or deny it. It's still there...
You opinion is meaningless in the face of reality.

Learn not to be so ignorant and don't let your hatred for American stereotypes make you look stupid anymore.
 
salima
 
Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 01:51 am
@Mentally Ill,
Mentally Ill;143824 wrote:


Also, I don't care, at all, what you think about my name, .


even though you may not care, i thought i should let you know. i know you thought it was a joke to call yourself mentally ill, but there are a lot of people who wouldnt think it was at all funny and probably hardly any who would think so. it isnt any different than choosing a screen name like 'fat' or 'stupid' or 'lame' or 'senile'. the only way it would seem understandable is if it were true.

also, i think it detracts from your posts, as it would be an immediate turnoff to a lot of people who would be unable to continue reading without having made a quick jump to the conclusion about your character. however, i think it is too late to change now...good luck anyway.

i remembered when you joined the forum-i welcomed you because i thought maybe you really were mentally ill. guess i was wrong though.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 01:51 am
@Mentally Ill,
[CENTER]
  • :perplexed:[QUOTE=Mentally Ill;143824]

[/CENTER]


  • Wow. You're coming across as extremely ignorant by throwing around all those stereotypes like that. My beliefs don't have anything to do with Jesus, in any way. What you just did in that last post is equivalent to racism and I hope you can see why without me explaining it to you.

[CENTER]It is not racism. I do not discriminate on gender, sexual bias, colour of the skin or any of this. I just vent my frustration about America (US). If I tell you your President is 1/2 African do I lie ? Actually we don't know since his birth-certificate is not clear.

I am ignorant; that's no shame, everbody is one way or another. I talked with American relatives lately about US politics & the american people, there Dreams. My family is partly retired, have a nice home and as far as I know healthy children. Still they scream for a more just Society.

I am sorry to throw around stereo-types. Must be we don't get NBS (?) here, but just the commercial stations. I just watch Matt Groening and speeches from your Government. Exelent Rethorics, that's what we could learn from US.


[/CENTER]

  • Moreover, the science I was referring to is not "American science", it's the world's leading quantum theory. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you: I did read about it and it is not a rounded of Theory. It is a mere indication of a state of possibilities. Change, but than on a Physic level. I stop reading when a book starts rambling. I can do that myself well enough.


  • Also, I don't care, at all, what you think about my name, AND, I'm not from L.A. You moron.

[CENTER]I think I am not a moron. No. I am not feeble minded, nor am I an idiot. You intentionally insulted my intelligence. I just said your Name was crap, an affront to all people who suffer from Psy deseases. Slow thinking should be treated with all means. I made a mistake in assuming you would take a local Nick-Name.
[/CENTER]


  • Facts are facts. 2 + 2 = 4 no matter what you believe. Understand?

[CENTER]No. I learned to calculated with i-rational numbers.
Would read something like (2+i)+(2-i) = ?
This was my math 20 years ago, never kept up with it.

[/CENTER]


  • Gravity exists whether you accept it or deny it. It's still there...

[CENTER]:bigsmile:
Gravity is not a constant force like Newton (17th cent.) claimed & Named.

[CENTER]You opinion is meaningless in the face of reality.
Who's Yours ?
off

Pepijn Sweep's A-long:lol:


[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 03:51 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;141465 wrote:
God or any belief do not exist when you do not exist. When you exist (belief) then it needs a reference and it accumulate all kind of beliefs like root of a tree to manifest itself its existance.

Ask questions , never agree or disagree.

All die like crap eventually!. You can wake up now. And see you have been brain washed by human society.
:letme-at-em:PepI on the Move:lol:
 
Mentally Ill
 
Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 07:27 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Perhaps, instead of leaping to judgment about the meaning of my name, you should have simply asked me to explain it.
Where I'm from, Ill is a slang word for good. So, my name, Mentally Ill, is extremely ironic, and I'm a big fan of irony.
I don't see why calling myself mentally ill in a serious way would be insulting either. I didn't say anything about mental handicaps, positive or negative, ever. You're the one attaching negative connotations to mental handicaps, not me. If the mere mention of a biological problem is insulting to you, then I suppose Cancer is not in your vocabulary? Have you ever joked about broken limbs?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you two are just being hypocritical because my name made me an easy target.

And as for what you said not being racist, pepjin, I know that it is technically not racism because American is not a race. But you are displaying prejudice against a person based on a single superficial detail. That, in my mind, is equivalent to racism. Prejudice, whether is based on race, sex, nationality, or mental ability (you are prejudiced against the mentally handicapped apparently) is all the same train of thought. It is ignorance incarnate in the worst way.

Now, I'm going to ask you to refrain from insulting my heritage in my own thread and take your anti-American sentiments elsewhere. Go make a thread about cultural relativism and bash Americans all you want. I'm sure that would be extremely satisfying for someone as prejudiced as you.

---------- Post added 03-31-2010 at 06:28 PM ----------

"i know you thought it was a joke to call yourself mentally ill"

You don't know anything about me. Don't presume to.
 
Pepijn Sweep
 
Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 11:55 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;143898 wrote:
Pe:letme-at-em:pI on the Move


New wish: re-establish Social Contract with voters:poke-eye:Laughing
 
 

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/19/2021 at 05:40:44