G'day from Sydney

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » G'day from Sydney

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Impious

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 07:47 am
I'm a 27 year old philosophy/law graduate who absolutely loves Nietzsche. Hopefully you'll find my knowledge of his work helpful. Suffice to say I am thoroughly anti-Christian. Nevertheless, I'm still willing to talk about God as though he both exists and is good, so if you believe in God, don't despair- you might yet find me cool. My other hobby is hip hop, but I'm yet to cut any records. That doesn't bother me however because my theory is you shouldn't publish too young- preferably not at all until you know everything. I haven't browsed the forums yet so I'm still hoping that you lot aren't entirely square, unlike another philosophy forum that I won't name. I have been called the 'Socrates of ILP' (ILovePhilosophy.com • View topic - Nietzsche's Rank-Order of Sciences and Humanities.) and plan on being just as philosophically provocative here. In closing, I look forward to becoming a valued member of your community.

Sivart

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:01 am
@Impious,
Hi there, I'm just as new to this forum as you. I see you said you enjoy Hip-Hop, I'm also a huge fan, have been since the early 90's, anway I'd be interested to know what sort of artists you're in to, cheers.

boagie

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:36 am
@Impious,
Impious,Smile

Ah, another unbeliever, you sound more tolerant then I, I get weary talking about imaginary beings, it is deemed by many to deserve respect, I suppose because of their numbers. Well, yes indeed your knowledge of Nietzsche should prove most interesting. Hip hop I am afraid I am a little square in that reguard. At anyrate Impious, welcome to the forum, relax and think about responding to a thread that interests you, or, start a new topic on something you wish to explore, again welcome, we are most pleased to have you with us. boagie--- Have you not heard, God is dead? Impious, find below a link, it is about a breakthrough in biology that just may conditon your philosophy, perhaps not but, maybe.

[URL="http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/videos/6/bruce-lipton-biology-perception.html"]Buce Lipton - Biology of Perception 1 of 7
[/URL]

Justin

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:16 am
@Impious,
Welcome Impious! Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and thanks for stopping by. This has quickly become one of the most active Philosophy Forums on the net so I'm sure you'll fit right in. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the local rules and guidelines and then jump in. Good to have you here, make yourself at home.

Impious

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:31 am
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
boagie--- Have you not heard, God is dead?

Only where the New Idol has gained ascendency.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9726/planeshotdownbyshipqc9.jpg

Arjen

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:39 am
@Impious,
Impious wrote:
Only where the New Idol has gained ascendency...

I think I am going to enjoy you....

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » G'day from Sydney
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:55:32