Truth as Numen

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reconstructo
 
Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 09:19 pm
@Deckard,
Deckard;133102 wrote:

Can you say a little more about the distinction between transcendental and transcendent?

Great post. I have to leave soon so I'll respond to this for now.

Transcendental, for me, means the Human Eternal. The transcendental structures time. I see number as transcendental. Transcendental categories seems to force us to only think in objects, objects, objects. Including concepts. We think in circles containing qualia or other cirlces containing qualia or other circles and so on. This is the logical-conceptual side of the transcendental.

But a transcendental numen is something else. This is an automatic projection not of substance but of an object of desire. (That's contradictory, because the numen must be an object, because of the transcendental concepts.)

This is further confusing because for me, the numen is the source of "transcendence" which I understand as an emotion.

So the numen-as-numen is both transcendent/numinous and transcendental (because we transcendentally experience only objects/concepts..(There is no thing that isn't transcendentally imposed.)

because most concepts are not numinous, we can (?) infer another different kind of transcendental structuring which would be the attachment of splendor to truth. A logical transcendental and an emotional transcendental functionally overlap, creating a concept that is numinous.
The numen-faculty would be the transcendental of transcendence.....
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 11:00 pm
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;133109 wrote:

This is further confusing because for me, the numen is the source of "transcendence" which I understand as an emotion.

So the numen-as-numen is both transcendent/numinous and transcendental (because we transcendentally experience only objects/concepts..(There is no thing that isn't transcendentally imposed.)

because most concepts are not numinous, we can (?) infer another different kind of transcendental structuring which would be the attachment of splendor to truth. A logical transcendental and an emotional transcendental functionally overlap, creating a concept that is numinous.
The numen-faculty would be the transcendental of transcendence.....


Are you saying that the numen is a source of emotion or a emotion, because if it is the last, that would be awkward...

...you also mention Transcendence, and this I find hard to be...such a thing would be unreachable even indirectly...Phenomena is the manifestation of the Nominous in the Nominous, which is Perfect...so it can not fault it by referring to Transcendence...Nouminous is accessible through the Historical Process, which is Phenomena in the Nominous and not derived of the Nominous, once this one is all there is, and nothing can be beyond it...

...Transcendental refers to Nominous, which is the Frozen state of phenomena as the Historical Process, thus being out of Time/Space in a state of superposition were objects fuse in the ONE meta-object...(to this I call Potential Order)

...the point is that there must be Holistic equivalence (Equilibrium) between Phenomena and Nominous, as Nominous cannot be transcended...

If I were to shoot, intuitively, a sentence of elegance to this, I would say that:

...Nominous is the phenomena of Phenomena, as the nominous of Nonimous is the Phenomena...

now does that make sense ?
 
Reconstructo
 
Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 02:46 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;133123 wrote:
Are you saying that the numen is a source of emotion or a emotion, because if it is the last, that would be awkward...

A numen is an object/concept that inspires emotion. Yes, numen as emotion would be awkward. A numen is porn for the spirit, you might say. A numen is a concept/object that inspires a sense of the holy.
Quote:

The English word holy dates back to at least the 11th Century with the Old English word hālig, an adjective derived from hāl meaning whole and used to mean 'uninjured, sound, healthy, entire, complete'.


---------- Post added 02-27-2010 at 03:52 PM ----------

Fil. Albuquerque;133123 wrote:

...you also mention Transcendence, and this I find hard to be...such a thing would be unreachable even indirectly...Phenomena is the manifestation of the Nominous in the Nominous, which is Perfect...so it can not fault it by referring to Transcendence...Nouminous is accessible through the Historical Process, which is Phenomena in the Nominous and not derived of the Nominous, once this one is all there is, and nothing can be beyond it...

I should have clarifed. In another post I connect the transcendent and the holy. For me, at the moment, transcendence is just a feeling. As man becomes conscious of his transcendental projections/concepts, he realizes that he cannot, conceptually, "go beyond," or transcend in an intellectual sense. But he can attain the holy or the numinous, as these are feelings inspired by numens. "Beauty is the splendor of the truth." The transcendent would only be this splendor. It goes beyond nothing except the usual banal emotions. Perhaps a numen (which is always a concept/object for transcendental reasons) becomes more radiant/numinous as it is refined--> including the refinement achieved by negative theology, Kant, Hegel, etc.

---------- Post added 02-27-2010 at 03:59 PM ----------

Fil. Albuquerque;133123 wrote:

...Transcendental refers to Nominous, which is the Frozen state of phenomena as the Historical Process, thus being out of Time/Space in a state of superposition were objects fuse in the ONE meta-object...(to this I call Potential Order)

I'm not sure what you mean here. For me, "transcendental" refers to the unchanging general structure that humans impose on experience. For instance, man always always always imposes unities. He divides the world into singular objects. A concept is a circle, you might say. It unites phenomena, including other concepts. I'm not sure what you mean by Nominous. Are you referring to noumena or numinous or something else? Do you associate "transcendent" with a view that escapes time, and sees the world as an eternal unity? I personally associate this more with "transcendental self-consciousness" which is just man becoming aware that the structure he finds in "reality" is not only his but him. Man himself is the circle and the one. He is the slicer and the dicer, but also the synthesizer. He can string these concepts/objects together and create self-consciousness/wisdom.

---------- Post added 02-27-2010 at 03:59 PM ----------

Fil. Albuquerque;133123 wrote:

...Nominous is the phenomena of Phenomena, as the nominous of Nonimous is the Phenomena...

now does that make sense ?


This is elegant. Could you elaborate?
 
 

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/29/2024 at 10:27:03