what would be your Ideal existence

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » MetaPhilosophy
  3. » what would be your Ideal existence

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 04:39 pm
You will need to think about this hard. Dont jump to thinking just about would you want this but to be rich or something. I mean EVERYTHING.

OKay so. Why something when there could be nothing? Well There is SOMETHING! Is extraordinary isnt it?

But. Would you want to change it?

Would you like to live a life like this?
Would you like to experience a sense of time?
Would you like there to be a whole universe for you to discover? Or how about for everything to just be endless red light that you float in but dont actually go anywhere.

Would you like a brain programmed differently? you to feel like you are experiencing full lives but every second.

Would you like life to be one bust of pleasure?

would you like to start again and again. killing each possibility after a certan period but you wouldnt be scared because you would know in the long run you are in complete control.

Would you create an ego?

Would the creator start with an ego in the first place? I think a creator would have to have an ego in the first place otherwise he wouldn't know how to set up values for the life creations.

What would be your perfect something instead of nothing?

Elmud

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 07:11 pm
@glasstrees,
dwixi;73439 wrote:
You will need to think about this hard. Dont jump to thinking just about would you want this but to be rich or something. I mean EVERYTHING.

OKay so. Why something when there could be nothing? Well There is SOMETHING! Is extraordinary isnt it?

But. Would you want to change it?

Would you like to live a life like this?
Would you like to experience a sense of time?
Would you like there to be a whole universe for you to discover? Or how about for everything to just be endless red light that you float in but dont actually go anywhere.

Would you like a brain programmed differently? you to feel like you are experiencing full lives but every second.

Would you like life to be one bust of pleasure?

would you like to start again and again. killing each possibility after a certan period but you wouldnt be scared because you would know in the long run you are in complete control.

Would you create an ego?

Would the creator start with an ego in the first place? I think a creator would have to have an ego in the first place otherwise he wouldn't know how to set up values for the life creations.

What would be your perfect something instead of nothing?
I'd like to be surprised.

glasstrees

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 04:57 am
@Elmud,
Elmud;73494 wrote:
I'd like to be surprised.

So like this? mystery when you already exist. I definitely wouldn't choose that. I HATE philosophy. I just feel drawn towards it.

richrf

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 11:59 am
@glasstrees,
Hi,

I too do not spend much time (if any at all) thinking about ideals. I figure like this:

1) If I do not reach my ideals I am going to be bummed out.

2) If I do reach my ideals, I am going to bummed out because there is nothing else to do.

So rather than be bummed out, I don't search for truths, Nirvanas, the ideal life, or long to travel somewhere else. I am OK where I am. But I will always keep exploring, as long as my health allows me to. Smile

Hey, keep up with your explorations - just don't get bummed out. OK?

Rich

glasstrees

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 03:33 pm
@richrf,
richrf;73701 wrote:
Hi,

I too do not spend much time (if any at all) thinking about ideals. I figure like this:

1) If I do not reach my ideals I am going to be bummed out.

2) If I do reach my ideals, I am going to bummed out because there is nothing else to do.

So rather than be bummed out, I don't search for truths, Nirvanas, the ideal life, or long to travel somewhere else. I am OK where I am. But I will always keep exploring, as long as my health allows me to. Smile

Hey, keep up with your explorations - just don't get bummed out. OK?

Rich

Im mainly bringing it up to raise the sub question. Is this existence perfect but are egos get in the way of us seeing it.

richrf

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 03:57 pm
@glasstrees,
dwixi;73753 wrote:
Im mainly bringing it up to raise the sub question. Is this existence perfect but are egos get in the way of us seeing it.

Hi,

Yes, I think you can think of existence as being perfect depending upon your own ideas of what is perfection. I prefer to think of existence, as what is. Of course, whatever is is subject to change. Smile I never have known anything to turn out exactly as I expected it to turn out. Life is always full of surprises.

So, if you can imagine a changing perfection then certainly, what is can be considered perfect. And yes, we get bored quickly, so our egos (our consciousness) will quickly start looking for something else, which in itself can be considered perfect. It is what it is and who should say it should be otherwise. Smile

Rich

Elmud

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 04:12 pm
@glasstrees,
dwixi;73588 wrote:
So like this? mystery when you already exist. I definitely wouldn't choose that. I HATE philosophy. I just feel drawn towards it.
It would be surprising to find out that there is more to this than what it is. i would like to be surprised.

urangutan

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 07:09 am
@glasstrees,
Living close enough to work that I could walk there and spending FriDay evenings at the pub (bar, saloon), drinking beer and smoking Afghani Black hash legally. Spend the rest of the weekend just with family and friends.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 08:05 pm
@urangutan,
Urangutan, I get the idea that we'd get along pretty well.

parker pyne

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 09:08 pm
@glasstrees,
Drifting in a cloud of knowledge. But the cloud of knowledge is incomplete, just to keep me interested - for you can't have curiosity without mystery. And my body would be discarded, it's just extraneous luggage.

Oh and unlimited supply of cinnamon doughnuts.

salima

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 12:57 am
@parker pyne,
parker pyne;74699 wrote:
Drifting in a cloud of knowledge. But the cloud of knowledge is incomplete, just to keep me interested - for you can't have curiosity without mystery. And my body would be discarded, it's just extraneous luggage.

Oh and unlimited supply of cinnamon doughnuts.

how are you going to eat the donuts without a body?

parker pyne

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 01:14 am
@salima,
salima;74723 wrote:
how are you going to eat the donuts without a body?

I don't know, I was thinking just a mound of doughnuts next to me would be pleasurable.

salima

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:14 am
@glasstrees,
doughnuts are the root of all evil-i love them, too. and frycakes and eclairs....chocolate covered cream filled, specialty ones for holidays like pumpkin for halloween, i could go on forever...

parker pyne

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 12:19 am
@salima,
salima;74761 wrote:
doughnuts are the root of all evil-i love them, too. and frycakes and eclairs....chocolate covered cream filled, specialty ones for holidays like pumpkin for halloween, i could go on forever...

Haha. It's horrible because I'm actually vegan, and I'm sure doughnuts contain milk products. Sometimes I break my dietary principals but most of the time I uphold them.

dawoel

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 09:08 am
@glasstrees,
I know no other existence but this one. If I was given another one so that I could compare I might be able to judge how good it is and thus decide whether it needs changes, but as yet I have no idea.

Caroline

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 12:19 pm
@glasstrees,
I quite like the one im in, maybe a few more hours sleep and playtime wouldn't go amiss.
But ideally I'd like to be soaring across the ocean along coast lines, spreading my wings and letting the wind carry me, a bit cliche I know.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » MetaPhilosophy
  3. » what would be your Ideal existence
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:20:34