Colors

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reconstructo

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 02:14 am
@wayne,
wayne;154375 wrote:

I see colors, when I am on the water, that have no name.

I like that phrase. There's a painter named Yves Klein who for awhile used just one color, International Kline Blue, and he painted monochromes.

Of course he also liked to use women as paintbrushes.

wayne

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 02:27 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;154385 wrote:
I like that phrase. There's a painter named Yves Klein who for awhile used just one color, International Kline Blue, and he painted monochromes.

Of course he also liked to use women as paintbrushes.

I read a case history about an artist who had a small stroke, they think, and lost his color vision. He became depressed, but continued to paint. He worked in black and white for awhile then returned to color. I guess he used the color from memory, but it could have been by his perception of the shades, the story didn't make that clear. But his color work was really interesting, not quite the same as we normally percieve.

The case history was by the guy the movie "Awakenings" was about, I can't remember his name.

AAh,,,, Oliver Sacks, the book is Anthropologist on mars.

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 01:39 pm
@Elmud,
I love to contemplate raw color. Red is red is red. But "red" is just a noise and a scribble that refers to un-sayable redness.

HexHammer

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 11:54 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401;88898 wrote:
Black and white are not colours. They are tones which affect how we see colours.
Seems like a very old fashion definition, I can use a white cloor to paint with, also a black color.

Specially in fashion industry black is very popular ..ever in fashion.

As being in the press industry myself, I would say they'r defently constitues colors.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:35:54