Music and art

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Sympathypains
 
Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:52 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
A desire to create and for it to be appreciated.


I don't think Britney has written or "created" anything in her life.

She is merely then, a performer.

So the question is, are non - creative performers still artists?
 
xris
 
Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 10:37 am
@Sympathypains,
Sympathypains wrote:
I don't think Britney has written or "created" anything in her life.

She is merely than, a performer.

So the question is, are non - creative performers still artists?
As it is a matter of performing, then she is a performing artist.Is an actor an artist? It can be more honest than brushing a canvas with a yard broom and giving the illusion of a textured surface, especially when the cost of one of these canvases can amount to ten thousand pounds,
 
Sympathypains
 
Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 11:02 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
As it is a matter of performing, then she is a performing artist.Is an actor an artist? It can be more honest than brushing a canvas with a yard broom and giving the illusion of a textured surface, especially when the cost of one of these canvases can amount to ten thousand pounds,


Agreed, but I wouldn't call her a creative musical artist, merely a performance artist.

To what degree one can add artist, to performance is another matter.

Interesting side not, I believe the legal definition that defines porn or obscenity, has to do with the lack of artistic value, and "the explicit depiction of sexual subject matter with the sole intention of sexually exciting the viewer." :whistling:
 
xris
 
Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 12:14 pm
@Sympathypains,
Sympathypains wrote:
Agreed, but I wouldn't call her a creative musical artist, merely a performance artist.

To what degree one can add artist, to performance is another matter.

Interesting side not, I believe the legal definition that defines porn or obscenity, has to do with the lack of artistic value, and "the explicit depiction of sexual subject matter with the sole intention of sexually exciting the viewer." :whistling:
It depends on what turns you on...she had her moments..
 
Yogi DMT
 
Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 02:39 pm
@patchouli phil,
patchouli wrote:
1. Is all music a work of art?

More questions to come. :stoned:


I would say most definitely. I find music a more beautiful and appealing way to send a message, get ideas accross, and even teach philospohies and morals than plain text does. If you find some good music, i think it can be more of art then visual art, there's plently of room for creativity.
 
 

 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 08/15/2020 at 02:24:34