Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

jbji

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 10:47 am
Hello,

Though I have been interested in philosophy since 1968, I cannot say I am an expert as far as its complex terminology is concerned.
Am more interested in the implied meaning of that word (philosophy)...: as 'love of life', and in the inquiry into what is this 'me' that lives it, as well as an eventual actual discovery of the so called ground of being/source of existence/absolute reality.

However, my approach is non-dogmatic, and so not a matter of belief in any particular religious or adherent to any particular philosophical school.
Even so, such approaches as that of the mystic/philosopher
J. Krishnamurti, I find to be quite sober, direct and simple Inquiry, without its being simplistic.
His approach is regarded as being similar in his questioning to that of Socrates, and that of the Buddha's original teachings, based on a "Be a light unto yourself", a spirit of non-dependence on any authority, in the process of one's inquiry via direct perception, and not merely thought (ideas/concepts/analysis).

A practical thing: As I do not have internet at home, my access to it is quite limited, in terms of time. So I hope it is clear that unfortunately I shall not be able to reply/mail as much as I would like to, nor can my reply be expected to be posted the same day. Also, as consideration for possibly the majority of members here being from the US, I would mention that my being in Denmark, the time zone is also be a factor.

Kind regards
jbji

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 10:54 am
@jbji,
Welcome to the forums!

Krishnamurti sounds like an interesting thinker. I'll have to check into this one - thanks for the suggestion!

jbji

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 10:58 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;20485 wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

Krishnamurti sounds like an interesting thinker. I'll have to check into this one - thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the welcome.
I would suggest searching on J. Krishnamurti, since Krishnamurti is a ussual name where he was born.
I could enclose a link, but I understand it is not allowed?
Regards,
jbji

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:00 am
@jbji,
I'll take a look around the web for him.

Links to relevant information is allowed.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/19/2024 at 04:18:42