New member intro!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New member intro!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:29 pm
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Good to see you on the forums.

I haven't figured out how to post on my own so I'll do a work around with this reply.
I'm "mythster" (like "Mister" with a lisp) and I' a recovering alcoholic, ex-christian, senior citizen, grandfather, Marine vet, student of Buddhism (Tibetan/Zen) tutor, traveller, timewaster, dreamer & schemer, activist, pacifist, actor & storyteller, reader & more. My interests include philosphy, linguistics and language, writing, the visual arts, music and theater and more.:detective:
Hello to all & Namaste

one-philosophy

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 11:36 pm
@mythster,
Cool what languages you know?
I was raised in england, but then I lived in germany for three years, then in english secondary/high school we were made to learn french and after that I chose to learn spanish because my mum's latino central american. After that I started trying to learn hebrew so I could read the dead sea scrolls and other ancient scripturess. Then I settled on arabic as a language to learn because I tearnes muslim.
Pretty much covers my linguitics (though I only really mastered english).

Anyway, if you want to be able to start your own threads go onto the new members forum
New Member Forum - Philosophy Forum
Then find the link that says "new thread" and basically inntroduce yourself!
If your having trouble working with the forums click around for help or have a family/friend help you (you should of seen me. Once when I was told to press the F5 key I was pressing F THEN 5!).
Anyway, follow that link and click new thread. New thread should be somewhere near the top left. Hope that was useful...

Justin

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 12:16 am
@mythster,
Namaste and hello to you! Welcome to the forum.

This post was moved to a new introduction thread. Glad you could join us and I'll get some video tutorials on the site this week.

boagie

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:58 am
@mythster,
mythster wrote:
I haven't figured out how to post on my own so I'll do a work around with this reply.
I'm "mythster" (like "Mister" with a lisp) and I' a recovering alcoholic, ex-christian, senior citizen, grandfather, Marine vet, student of Buddhism (Tibetan/Zen) tutor, traveller, timewaster, dreamer & schemer, activist, pacifist, actor & storyteller, reader & more. My interests include philosphy, linguistics and language, writing, the visual arts, music and theater and more.:detective:
Hello to all & Namaste

Mythster,Smile

Do you have any interests---------------------just kidding!! Welocme Mythster you sound like a wonderful additon to our midst. Settle in and make yourself at home. Think about responding to a thread that catches your eye or start a new topic on something you wish to investigate. Again welcome Mythster, hopefully your in the right place at the right time----Namaste! boagie:)

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:44 pm
@boagie,
Semper Fi mythster. Glad to see you on the forums.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New member intro!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 05:02:12