Russell Question;

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Walter Russell
  3. » Russell Question;

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

catman3

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:57 pm
My question is about deprivation of senses, like being blind or deaf. You would think that a deaf person would be more able to here the voice of God with inner ears only to hear? And I have read that children blind before the age of five never dream? The Word talks about night visions. The great mystics say the night visions is when we are in reality, detatched from our sensing body. I don't know any blind or deaf to ask about illuminated states known to them. Or is this unbalanced condition brought on from some previous experience? Let me know what you think. Thanks David

boagie

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 10:53 pm
@catman3,
Hi Catman3,

Welcome to the forums!! I have known a number of blind people over the years,none of them showed or expressed any great spiritual insight/s.Sometimes I think people feel bad for them, and would like to believe that this really is not the tragedy that it at first appears to be,it however is.Sensory deprivation is an interesting topic,taken to its extreme the individual will begin to self-destruct.The world out there is the stuff which assumes our mind,as a lock assume its key.In other words it in some important way is a part of you,deprived of it and you will perish.It goes back again to the relationship of subject and object,take either away from the other and it ceases to exist.

The loss of any sense perception is a loss in consciousness,as we age this is a natural process.When these losses occur in the young, it is still a loss of consciousness.I would myself have thought that with the loss of sight,ideas would become more cherished by the individual, but this does not seem to prove out either.I do not know if your statement about the individual who is blinded at a very early age and does not dream is true,but it does sound reasonable.

The total absence of humor from the Bible is one of the most singular things in all literature"http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as4.gif Alfred North Whitehead :eek:

catman3

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 10:26 am
@boagie,
I want to thank you for your reply, I went to read this is Loa Russell's book God will work with you, But not for you page 112;reads Unhappiness,misery, the agonies of war, the frustrations of life, the crippled and the blind, the diseased and the sick_all of these are not normal because all are the result of uncompleted transactions in life which leave a residue of unbalance in them. Then on page 122; reads, Very often God is blamed for allowing a child to be born blind when the cause of it may be traceable to a venereal disease in a parent_or grandparent. Thanks again!

boagie

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 10:42 am
@catman3,
Smile

"Dogmatic common sense is the death of philosophic adventure. The universe is vast." -A.N. Whitehead

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Walter Russell
  3. » Russell Question;
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:37:41