Descartes' first meditation

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Philosophy 101
  3. » Descartes' first meditation

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:41 pm
What form does Descartes' methodological doubt take? I don't understand this question. Maybe it would help if I stated what the other questions in the paper topic are as well.

What is Descartes' project in the first meditation? What role does doubt play? What form does Descartes' methodological doubt take? What is the extent of Descartes' doubt in the first meditation? Do you think that Descartes' is ultimately able to overcome his skeptical doubt? State why or why not.

I tried to answer this question myself by reading into the method of doubt because I have only read the meditations.

Also, I need help with how to write this paper. What type of organization. Do I use the answers to these questions in a thesis? I don't know how to write a philosophy paper.

Thank you so much for any help.

jgweed

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 10:47 am
@Brandi phil,
While we cannot help you with your essay assignment, permit me to list some on-line resources that might help you to understand Descartes' methodological doubt and its role in his philosophy:

Descartes' Epistemology (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Important Arguments from Descartes' Meditations

The Method of Doubt

Writing a philosophy essay for school, especially if it is your first, can be a daunting task. Here is some useful advice:

Guidelines on Writing a Philosophy Paper

Philosophy

Regards,
John

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Philosophy 101
  3. » Descartes' first meditation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:03:16