The Bible:Book of Ezekiel Theory

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Young Philosophers Forum
  3. » The Bible:Book of Ezekiel Theory

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 07:03 pm
This "theory" is just MY opinion and is just how I enterprete these parts by themselves...

These are parts taken from the Book of Ezekiel
If you read teh first chapter of the book of Ezekiel it sounds like he is describing angles coming from the skys in a space craft like object...but
When I read these parts out of context by themselves, It almost sounds to me that Ezekiel is describing a Jet/Rocket by itself....

4"And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire."
(to me this sounds like he is describing a jet or a rocket taking off from the earth)

12"And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went."
(sounds like he is describing how a rocket goes straight up into the sky without changing its direction)

13"As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning."
(sounds like he is describing a jet instead of a Rocket.To me it sounds like he is describing a Jet flying around)

16"The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel."
(this sounds to me like he is decribing the mechanicles on how the wheels hang off of the Jet/Rocket sometimes jets have wheels were when they take off the wheels pull into the jet therfor "Wheel in the middle of a wheel")

17"When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went."(This sounds like hes describing the fact that they Jet turned not when the pilot turned beause he wasnt moving the Jet was)

19"And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. "(sounds like he describing the wheels of a Jet pulling into itself when it takes off,as I stated earlier but he seems to be describing the Jet as "the living creature" not the pilot being the living creature)

21"When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels."
(the last part sounds like he is saying that the flight of the Jet was in the wheels...like maybe he watched it roll on the wheels until it got fast enough to lift off the ground and he belive thats what made it fly)

22"And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above."(i think it sounds like hes describing the trail of smoke that a jet leaves behind it.)

24"And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings."
(this sounds a lot like he talking about the roar of the Jet's Engine)

27"And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about."
(sounds to me like he is talking about the way the engine shoots fire out the back of it and how it effects the direction of the Jet)

Again this is all just my opinions and thoughts, please Respond good or bad i want to her your opinions...
And yes I did take the quotes out of context so they do lose there main meaing in the context of the bible but by themselves they seem to offer a completely different meaning (Many people have taken his words to be meaning a group of Aliens from another planet who drove these spacecrafts)

:brickwall:

sometime sun

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 07:06 pm
@Timinater94,
Sorry I dont have time right now but will be back tomorrow.
Ezekiel is one of my favourite books.
Welcome to the forum,
Great thread.

Timinater94

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 08:36 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;156605 wrote:
Sorry I dont have time right now but will be back tomorrow.
Ezekiel is one of my favourite books.
Welcome to the forum,
Great thread.

Okay, Reply with your thoughts after you read it :poke-eye:, Thanks for the welcome :bigsmile:

sometime sun

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 03:39 pm
@Timinater94,
Okay i think i got a little ahead of myself.

You think fracture in time?

You think alien spacecraft?

It was a prophecy it may well be he was seeing pictures from the future, not a biblical vision?

Some say he was high on peyote.

Timinater94

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2010 10:49 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;156870 wrote:
Okay i think i got a little ahead of myself.

You think fracture in time?

You think alien spacecraft?

It was a prophecy it may well be he was seeing pictures from the future, not a biblical vision?

Some say he was high on peyote.

I meant that somewhere on another planet there could have been aliens that were more intellegent then how we are right now...and they had the knowledge to build spacecrafts that could travel to different planets a long time ago.I think aliens came to Earth lots of different times..

There are lots of things that have happened in the past that cant be explained...such as how the pyramid of giza was built, it was proven that in order to build it in the amount of time that the egyptians did, they would have had to cut a huge blcok out of stone and carry it from the quarry to the pyramid to be placed in about 9 seconds, for each block...that is impossible unless they had some sort of help...it was also proven that some fo teh rock used was so hard that the only way the egyptians could have cut the blocks would have been with diamond tipped machinary..and there is no source or diamonds anywhere near the area that the pyramids were being made....and its also been proven that the pyramid of giza had the cappabilities and the design to have been a power plant that use hydrogen for power...just like the power plants of modern day and hydrogen is also used to launch rockets....

So I have been thinking what if aliens landed on earth as a rest stop, and gave the egyptians the resouces to build the pyramid of giza, so that the aliens could power up their ships and spacecrafts...

Also if some aliens had the capabilities to land on Earth then why not during biblical times....

but what i say is just my opinions and theories im not saying they are true unless i say specifically they have been proven as true.

I saw a documentary called "Ancient Aliens" and that is what sparked most of this theory....and in the documentary they try to prove wether or not aliens landed on the earth in the past and what they may have done.

cluckk

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 06:44 am
@Timinater94,
You state the main problem with your theory from the beginning--out of context. An old rule of hermeneutics is: "A text out of context is a pretext." This is not how the book was written to be interpreted. Whatever Ezekiel saw, it had a specific meaning for the audience he was writing to. To understand it one must look into the meaning of the symbols for the people of the day. One example of this can be seen in the interpretations of Revelation where we read of the locust from the Abyss. With the discription being a creature with the head of a man, hair like a woman, a stinger in its tail and a breastplate as of iron, etc. Many have tried to read tanks and even helicopters into this. They overlook the fact that at the time the word Abyss was used as a perjorative for the desert and the word locust likewise was used of the Arabs. The rest of the description makes sense once we have this context. It says they have hair like a woman and it was commonly said that the Arabs of the day wore their hair long like women, their crowns could easily represent the turban that was popular among them, the breastplate of iron from the chainmail shirts they wore.

Look for the answer to the vision in Ezekiel within the context not divorced from it.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Young Philosophers Forum
  3. » The Bible:Book of Ezekiel Theory
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:08:15