Your Life Philosophy

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Young Philosophers Forum
  3. » Your Life Philosophy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:16 am
If you summarised your life philosophy into a few sentences, what would it be?

Fido

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 11:15 am
@BennySquire,
BennySquire;163428 wrote:
If you summarised your life philosophy into a few sentences, what would it be?

Some days it is: do unto others... Some days it is: What goes around comes around...

And other times it is Knowledge is Virtue; with the meaning of doing nothing when not knowing what is right, or setting judgement and action aside out of humility...

We blind ourselves with hope against hope... To speed into a thick fog because you can see the tailights of the fool before you is to surrender your own authority in your life to another, which inevitably occurs in a large society, and which all should resist...

Learning means learning self control... It does not matter what you think or feel; but it is what we do that marks us as good or evil... Do good, and you are good...Because to what you give your energy is where your thoughts will be...

You only have one life....Live it well... Make yourself useless before time has a chance to... Do it while you are young...You will never regret your mistakes in life so much as all you might have done after time takes from you the ability to do...You should never prize your life so highly as to not risk some part of it for a few great adventues..You can grow so distant from your youth... And at times you can look back and have to remind your self: I was that superman... I was that hero.... I was that Lover.... I was that criminal... I dared... I risked my life... I was one helova Man... I was a man... I loved... I lived... I burned with the life in me... I spit in the face of God and death... And only I alone have survived...

sometime sun

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 11:31 am
@Fido,
A question would be to answer,
A answer would be to question,
Do our lives pick our philosophy, or do our philosophies pick our life?

BennySquire

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 01:09 pm
@Fido,
Fido;163497 wrote:
Some days it is: do unto others... Some days it is: What goes around comes around...

And other times it is Knowledge is Virtue; with the meaning of doing nothing when not knowing what is right, or setting judgement and action aside out of humility...

We blind ourselves with hope against hope... To speed into a thick fog because you can see the tailights of the fool before you is to surrender your own authority in your life to another, which inevitably occurs in a large society, and which all should resist...

Learning means learning self control... It does not matter what you think or feel; but it is what we do that marks us as good or evil... Do good, and you are good...Because to what you give your energy is where your thoughts will be...

You only have one life....Live it well... Make yourself useless before time has a chance to... Do it while you are young...You will never regret your mistakes in life so much as all you might have done after time takes from you the ability to do...You should never prize your life so highly as to not risk some part of it for a few great adventues..You can grow so distant from your youth... And at times you can look back and have to remind your self: I was that superman... I was that hero.... I was that Lover.... I was that criminal... I dared... I risked my life... I was one helova Man... I was a man... I loved... I lived... I burned with the life in me... I spit in the face of God and death... And only I alone have survived...

Very inspiring, and I agree that our philosophy changes, but what do you mean by "only I alone have survived"?

Fido

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 04:05 pm
@BennySquire,
BennySquire;163524 wrote:
Very inspiring, and I agree that our philosophy changes, but what do you mean by "only I alone have survived"?

Might be some Biblical or literary reference... You know how they are always slipping into places they do not belong... Probably not exact anyway...I have a Job at Melvilles restaurant... They serve a fast fish there, and I don't want to be late... Got to go...

Rwa001

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 06:46 pm
@Fido,
Self-mastery is the key to happiness, and if we were all to master ourselves, the world would be a wonderful place.

Fido

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 07:57 pm
@Rwa001,
Rwa001;163638 wrote:
Self-mastery is the key to happiness, and if we were all to master ourselves, the world would be a wonderful place.

The world will be the same place; but the people should be nicer... No law is necessary to the person with self control, and no law is sufficient to the person without it...

kplax

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:32 pm
@BennySquire,
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Bdawg aka Buddha

Fido

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 10:11 pm
@kplax,
kplax;163729 wrote:
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Bdawg aka Buddha

The mind is like a kitchen where no one ever throws out the trash...It should be no surprise when people confuse food with foul...-Fido the dowg...

Osibos

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2020 04:26 pm
@BennySquire,
To solve the problem of true love, one must reduce until there can be no more reduction, then when you find her it is simple enough to put the two halves together and make a whole, new family. When trouble arises, there is law, and the source of that law is to protect the ones we love. From love, comes law. Law protects love. So the circle of life goes on until we penetrate beyond the confines of our mortal lives.

Vuvansy

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 06:22 am
@BennySquire,
Life’s biggest failure is the failure to love.

Ginkgo

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 10:12 am
@BennySquire,
When I started thinking about who I was, I realized I had been wrong all along.
I am not an individual. We actually choose to be individuals when we let our conciousness emulate others', and start regarding things as objects so that we can become the subject. But that doesn't harbor any kind of logic, apart from self-preservation, or the search of selfish happiness.
But think about it. The universe is energy, waves, sines and cosines. Everything is the same, even what it doesn't exist. All is relative when we have to pick a subject. Why then don't we just pick none?
I have understood that I am all the universe. Every corner of it, all the past, all the future. Logic takes us apart from this one and only truth, and logic can take us back to it.
So after embracing this idea, I held the concept of unity.
Unity is the path to enlightenment, in the sense that we can finally see who we really are. It means to let go of the intersubjective world we build. It means to use our individual movement that makes the whole to share and bring light.
Nothing will be won or lost, but the beauty of the only absolute truth of self being able to contemplate itself is what keeps the wall of conciousness spinning.

Stoney1612

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:31 pm
@Fido,
The secret to success is constancy to purpose. Also the Serenity Prayer.

cj210tx

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2020 10:09 am
"Non fui, fui, non sum non curo"-Epicurus

JamesSprag

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2021 12:44 pm
@BennySquire,
Life is hard)))

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Young Philosophers Forum
  3. » Your Life Philosophy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:53:59