Creator of God

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

mike90t09

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 11:32 am
@no1author,
That's what God is, just a concept of our creation. Just like the Greeks and their gods. Stories passed down from generation to generation. That's what the people had back then, just stories.

No tv, no radio, no email, no publishers, nothing. They were at the point in time where people could write things down so they created these stories and shared them on their travels. Everyone interprets the stories in their own way, which leads to today, some people believe that it is real.

Reconstructo

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 09:24 pm
@awoelt,
awoelt;133648 wrote:
he means that humans created religion and made up a g-d. basically he's saying he is but a concept of our creation and does not exist as a spirit(i believe he does)

i'm not sure who you're interpreting but if it's me i'd like to clarify. god is a spirit, & that spirit is man.

---------- Post added 03-01-2010 at 10:26 PM ----------

mike90t09;134134 wrote:
That's what God is, just a concept of our creation. Just like the Greeks and their gods. Stories passed down from generation to generation. That's what the people had back then, just stories.

No tv, no radio, no email, no publishers, nothing. They were at the point in time where people could write things down so they created these stories and shared them on their travels. Everyone interprets the stories in their own way, which leads to today, some people believe that it is real.

I agree. I would like to add that in a way, "God" created us. There's a sort of program in us that urges the evolution of our linguistic self-consciousness. Pure negativity, you might say. Or pure synthesis, for synthesis is the negation of particulars, and only the negation of particulars, and the association of this negation with a noise/mark.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 02:35 pm
@no1author,
Could the Soul be considered a contigent being we have to take care for ?

Reconstructo

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 02:46 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;134758 wrote:
Could the Soul be considered a contigent being we have to take care for ?

Yes! i think that's exactly it! The soul is the stem. God is the flower. No stem, no flower. God is 100% incarnate.

Gracee

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 02:21 pm
@no1author,
The question being asked here is basically, 'what caused God?' Which seems to lead to an infinite regress, whatever your answer. But the problem with asking this question is the underlying assumption that everything needs a cause. However, this is simply something that humans are wired to believe, it is, as Kant would say, part of our conceptual scheme. I.e. causation does not exist independently of the human mind, it is simply part of the way we perceive the world.
So far from anything having caused God, is anything really ever caused at all?

Reconstructo

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 03:15 pm
@Gracee,
Gracee;135526 wrote:

So far from anything having caused God, is anything really ever caused at all?

now that's a good question. and another question is whether or not that good question is answerable.

Minimal

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 01:27 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;130703 wrote:
And what if the problem originally mentioned is really a problem with our conception of God when defined in a particular way?

I liked this point. The real issue here is whether or not an agent, or deity as it may be, can be without causation or eternally existent. From a purely agnostic perspective, I would say there would have to be an element of causa sui in the universe somewhere. Some would argue energy :-)

- Minimal.

Ceilidh169

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:56 pm
@no1author,
The question "Who created God?" deals with a point in time(when God was created). God exists out of time. Your question is invalid.

prothero

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:30 pm
@no1author,
Well by definition we create our conceptions of God.
Just as we create our conceptions of the world.
The question would be is there anything independent of us that corresponds in any way to our conception "God".

Personally I go for the Greek conception of the logos. The world is ordered, rationally intelligible and mathematically expressible. For me this implies the universe is not the result of "chance and necessity" or "blind indifference". There is something out there other than chaos and accident.

True the most common conceptions of "god" are entirely too anthropomorphic and it is rationally doubtful that we are the purpose of creation or that the universe has been waiting for us to appear. It is also doubtful that god is too concerned with human notions of morality or that god reveals himself through supernatural revelation. So much of religion is suspect. The basic notion that the universe is ordered and purposeful and based on some type of rational intelligence remains.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:34 pm
@Minimal,
energy comes in different forms and shapes. The Egyptians worshipped Nile as the eternal repetition and Sun as bringer of live. They had lots of other gods. I was long time before rivers and Sun were not worhipped anymore.

pondfish

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 05:08 am
@no1author,
who is ....creator of creator of creator of....GOD?.

See words has limits. Human mind work in macro label level. It can not go in never ending open loop thinking.

It bleeds to death.

God word (belief) is manifested to seal that HOLE!. Smile

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 07:31 am
@pondfish,
pondfish;146091 wrote:
who is ....creator of creator of creator of....GOD?.

See words has limits. Human mind work in macro label level. It can not go in never ending open loop thinking.

It bleeds to death.

God word (belief) is manifested to seal that HOLE!. Smile

NecromanticSin

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 01:56 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;131508 wrote:
I do not really wish to continue this debate Night Ripper but if you would like to continue it may be best to start a new thread or not.

Frankly, if I were an atheist view I would simply accept this, "yes, life has no meaning beyond what I decide to give it", and this would not bother me. It seems to be a cold hard fact that the universe was here before us and it will be here after us. We are but a droplet in a cosmic ocean.

What about an agnostic view? Atheist believe there is no god, religious people believe there is. Well, I believe we do not know, and we probably will never know. Maybe I have alittle bit of atheist views, but I'm more comfortable thinking we all have no idea when it comes to God.

Amperage;131508 wrote:

God is the meaning to existence.

How is it you can be so sure in something you just feel comfortable saying,so that your life has more meaning? If you take the amount of time we've been on this earth, it's so short and so small compared to how long this planet itself has existed. Where was God before then? Just sitting around, coming up with the grand plan of human beings? You would think someone with all mighty powers would not have to give thought,and we would have just became, as God just is.
Also,was God alone? If God just always was, does that mean that everything he created only came from his loneliness, and in a sense we're just a figment of his imagination. Little toys he wanted to form, so he can watch us do our thing without the father figure to show us the way? Besides these books us humans created on our own. Which just goes back to the thought that religion was created to control mass amounts of people, so there was no free thinking of how things should be.

---------- Post added 03-30-2010 at 04:34 PM ----------

Ceilidh169;145401 wrote:
The question "Who created God?" deals with a point in time(when God was created). God exists out of time. Your question is invalid.

If God even existed, that could be right.

NecromanticSin

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 04:11 pm
@no1author,
no1author;130664 wrote:
A question to the theists:
Who or what was the creator of god?

If you tell me god just existed since ever, ill just say the universe etc. Existed since ever. So please dont use that argument, thanks.

The creator of God came from the poor understanding of nature, and how we became to be. Religion was our first and worst attempt to understand. People thought they needed rituals to make sure the sun came back in the morning. They thought that lighting was being thrown down from the mountains by an immoral man living up there. Along wtih the thought that sickness,and illness was some-form of a plague brought upon us by our sins,and we needed to be thought a lession.
God, to me was made up in order to control a mass amounts of people into living a moral way, is that wrong? No, but I don't think people realize how out-dated religion is. It has gotten to the point that most people who are religious, probably do not follow everything their holy books say. From my understanding, there is a lot in the testaments that if people actually followed what it says, uhm.. well, it wouldn't be comfortable for the ones who do not believe in their God.
Along with another thought that is back in those days,God was speaking to people, and these things were happening. Yet now, if someone was to come around saying he spoke to God, we would consider him insane,lock him away and never listen to a word he said. Why is it that something that is so far in the past is so strong today? If a sickness breaks out, for example swine flu, we do not consider it God's way of teaching us a lession, we know now what causes these out breaks of illness. Along with mental disorders that caused people to believe others were either a witch, or had a demon inside them.
I guess the point I am trying to make is that, religion it self is out dated. Religious people themselves probably don't truly alway understand what they follow. Most of them are just born into it, and from an early age, why would they question what their parents are telling them to do? Our parents are the ones who know all, and show us the way. I'm not putting every religious person in this general idea, but from my experience a lot of them have no idea.
I am only started my research into religion,and the more I read into it, the more mind blowing it is that the ''moral stories'' from ''God'' actually don't cause people to go ''uhm, wait a sec.. What..''.

So, when it comes down to it.. God was created by men. Men came from evolution.

However, someone can come back,and say ''maybe God fit it into his plan of humans to come from evolution.'' Well, then why didn't it happen sooner? The more you go into it, the more questions, the more possibilities of what ifs, and so on.

And this is why I am agnostic. Haha. Laughing

Wisdom Seeker

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:23 am
@no1author,
i believe there is... but cannot be understand by human understanding because it is out of the reality we live in, the creator of god must be outside the universe, outside of sense of god, an outside reality...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 09:28:39