Hello everyone!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Binka

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 10:54 am
Hello everyone!

I'm a 19 year old girl from Norway who joined this forum because I miss observing and participate in philosophical discussions. My current favorite subjects is existentialism, self-consciousness, space, time, epistemology, culture and political philosophy, and also new thought-phenomena such as Law of Attraction. However I'm always struck by new philosophical subjects who fascinates me more than anything else. Tomorrow I might be into a subject that I already haven't heard of today. ☺

I have plans about studying philosophy in New York. I love New York! New York, New York. It's the diversity who attracts me, as well as the freedom.
I just finished Norwegian high school with Media and Communication as main subject, but I have never studied philosophy. From this autumn of I'm working as a graphic designer for around a year before I take off to explore the world out there! In the meantime I hope to gain some English skills here with you guys in a philosophical environment. Because that's what philosophy is for - discussing it with other people!

I also want to say that I enjoy writing and I'm writing a Norwegian blog on Elefantzonen.com

boagie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 01:50 pm
@Binka,
Binka,Smile

:)Welcome to the forum, you sound full of energetic intensity--that's good! Someone who is so full of life probably has a philosophy to match. At anyrate we are most pleased to have you with us. Perhaps you would like to post a topic you wish to explore. See you on the boards Binka!! boagie

Justin

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 02:23 pm
@Binka,
Welcome Binka! Thank you for the introduction and happy to have you here. Being an author just takes a dedication to writing. Looks like you are already an author on your blog site. Smile

Anyways, nice meeting you and it's good to see another idealist on the forum.

Binka

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 06:43 pm
@Justin,
boagie and Justin Smile

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it!
thanks a lot!

have a nice day Smile

Henrik phil

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 04:16 am
@Binka,

jgweed

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 12:08 pm
@Binka,
Having lived three years in NYC I quite agree with you; there is no place with as much sheer energy (of all kinds) as that city, especially Manhattan. It will be a very good place to study philosophy, and as I remember, the forum is fortunate enough to have at least one student studying there now.

Doing philosophy in a second language is a daunting task.Please use these forums as a tool to learn its English idioms and ask for corrections---our Members will be very happy to help you to improve.
Regards,
John

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 10:45:59