if you were my god..(maybe you are?)

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Young Philosophers Forum
  3. » if you were my god..(maybe you are?)

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 02:31 pm
What would be the first 5 things that u would want from me if you were my GOD?

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 06:18 pm
@grasshopper,
1. A T-bone steak, medium rare
2. A nice bottle of merlot
3. ...

Alright, I'm joking.

If we look at the major theistic traditions, God seems to want us to be as good to others as possible, as compassionate as we can be, and for us to work on being more compassionate.

Aphoric

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 06:27 pm
@grasshopper,
I would want EVERYONE to try to love EVERYONE.

grimm psykos

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 02:23 pm
@grasshopper,
I would want you to question why you believe in me. And try to think about things before you do them. Laughing
Mmm... I don't think I'd be a very good God then... Any of my followers would be pretty much on their own.

grasshopper

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 04:03 am
@grasshopper,
IF you were my god..
IF i was a believer..

IF.

Dylan phil

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 09:19 am
@grasshopper,
grasshopper wrote:

If I were your "God" then I would want you to:
  • Set a superb standard for other beings;
  • Follow ethical morals and spread them around;
  • Help others in need, even if they don't ask;
  • Obey the laws;
  • Never under-achieve, reach for the highest goal.

Lily

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 07:51 am
@grasshopper,
I would probably want the same things I would want from you if you were my child.

grasshopper

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 10:46 am
@grasshopper,
what do you want from your child?
tidy your room make your bed? don't spill cornflake on the table?

Lily

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 11:04 am
@grasshopper,
I would want you to be happy and not break my moral rules. And I would want you to love me.

Saint Michael

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 08:32 am
@grasshopper,
grasshopper;59460 wrote:

1. Kill the CEO's of international corporations.
2. Get a law passed that has any person who murders or rapes hanged.
3. Balance the power between the common and the few (democracy is not quite free yet... however it is so very close)
4. Kill the Political animals who are bound to have skeletons in their closet.
5. Unify the Human race.

Thanatos phil

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 10:22 pm
@grasshopper,
I'd want you to live your life to the fullest, experience every minute of it. Knowing that I'm your god and creator would be enough.

Leonard

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 05:46 pm
@grasshopper,
I'm going to be selfish here and speak as if I was myself and not god.
These would be the rules if I was god.
1. If you kill, you will not be killed. None of my creations will suffer death at my hand. Rather, you shall suffer a worse punishment: lifelong guilt and repentance. Life is valued above all else. It is easier to die than to suffer, and suicide will not be accepted.

2. Your life's accomplishments will be based on your love for myself and other humans.

3. I do not forgive sinners. You have to earn my respect through hard work and good morals rather than kissing up to me or any other people. Just because you believe in me doesn't make you a good person.

4. Admire the accomplsihments of others and respect the losses of others. Pride is taken especially seriously and will be punished.

5. You have nothing to worry about if you are a good person. If you do not believe in me but you follow my rules, I will still accept you into heaven.

grasshopper

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 07:33 am
@grasshopper,
I would like to ask something about your 5. rule;

If i hit my sister's head by an accident OR i hit her head to hurt her, are they the same?
In the end what i do is the same, but i think they are totally different.

If i don't believe in God but what i think is right is also right for god, than why shouldn't i believe and respect him?

Leonard

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 06:31 pm
@grasshopper,
People who trust science over religion often don't believe in a god. Does this make them bad people? No, many of them still respect other people, do good things for the community, and refrain from criminal activity.

If I was an atheist but I did community service and did not sin, i'm not much different than a theist who does those things. If I was a god, I would easily pick a kind and generous atheist over a theist who murders, lies, and steals.

What i'm trying to say is that I value if people are good more than if they respect me as a god. That's what I [maybe unsucessfully] tried to explain in #5.

Also, that's like saying a driver who crashes into a pedestrian should not be charged for reckless homicide when a person who was attempting to run someone over should be charged for homicide. I'd say they both be charged because the outcome was the pedestrian's death and it is murder in both ways.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Young Philosophers Forum
  3. » if you were my god..(maybe you are?)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:44:46