Which one?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 05:25 am
In this thread i'm going to tell a little philosophical story, and you can reply your answers:

there were three little girls playing around (girl 1, 2 and 3), suddenly girl 1 says: Hey i know of a secret junkyard. The other girls followed her down the sewer and into a junkyard where girl 2 sees a doll. Girl 3 cries: can i have it I've never had a doll before?

Should girl 1 get it since she knew the way down there?
should girl 2 get it since she found the doll?
should girl 3 get it since she have never had one before?:perplexed:

xris

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:22 am
@Protagoras,
Protagoras wrote:
In this thread i'm going to tell a little philosophical story, and you can reply your answers:

there were three little girls playing around (girl 1, 2 and 3), suddenly girl 1 says: Hey i know of a secret junkyard. The other girls followed her down the sewer and into a junkyard where girl 2 sees a doll. Girl 3 cries: can i have it I've never had a doll before?

none of them because it does not belong to them..on normal scenario ..finders keepers..

jgweed

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:26 am
@Protagoras,
I would hope that none of the girls gets the doll, because it is probably very dirty and carries all sorts of vermin and diseases.

Rose phil

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 09:04 pm
@Protagoras,
The one who has never had a doll should get it.

Protagoras

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:46 pm
@Protagoras,
Interesting replies, Are there reasons she should get it??

xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:21 pm
@Protagoras,
Not enough scenarios to speculate further..greed ..compassion ..size of the girls...strength of character...or is it natural justice you want from us?

Joshy phil

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:11 pm
@xris,
Should any of them get it?

If you base the decision on the significance of the doll to each girl, then girl 3 should get it. If you think about it, if girls 1 and 2 don't go and get it, it won't directly affect them as much, as their desire for it was less; with girl 3, as she was the one who wanted it the most, it would appear, the outcome of the situation would directly affect her more.

Of course, there are many variables in this scenario, such as the ages of the girls. If girl 3 was youngest, then girl 1 or 2 should get it for her, as an act of looking out for her I feel. Or perhaps, more justifiable is that neither girl 1 or 2, in the given scenario, have suggested that they want the doll.

Pangloss

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:25 pm
@Protagoras,
Does it matter who should get it? Girl #1 will get it because she is the strongest of the three, and the weak suffer what they must...

Protagoras

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 06:07 pm
@Protagoras,
It's Necessary to think (given these questions) that without girl 1 or 2 the doll wouldn't exist, and there are no facts about their physical state, so be careful when you reply. In other words: your replies are meant to be based on what you know.

Deftil

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:44 pm
@Protagoras,
They should fight to the death for it.

But seriously, none of them should keep a doll found in a junkyard. Like jgweed said, it's probably dirty and germ carrying. Assuming that it's reasonably clean enough for one of them to keep, there is of course no objectively correct answer. My personal opinion though, is that it would be nice if they could have joint custody of (share) the doll. Each of them keep it for a week or something, and then pass it on to the next girl. Girl 1 should be the first to get custody because her name is Girl 1 and it only seems natural the one with number 1 in her name would start things off.

Sorry, I've combined a healthy dose of silliness in with my serious answer. Smile

jgweed

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:34 am
@Protagoras,
One could tell the girls that since there was one doll, and each wanted it, that the best solution would be to divide it into three pieces. The girl who wanted it most would give up her share........

Khethil

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:52 am
@jgweed,
As a objectifying facsimile of a human, the doll should be destroyed in the hopes that its absence might offset the psychological damage done to young children and their growing ideals of humanity's worth. Those having manufactured this abomination should be prosecuted for "wanton disregard for human dignity" as well as the depletion of natural resources. An alternative to destruction might be having the doll quartered, with each portion sent to the four corners of the earth, as a warning to all.

... thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

xris

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:52 am
@Khethil,
Has anyone considerd the moral implication of their suggestions? this is a doll a treasured possession that gave great comfort to a sweet little child who is now frantically searching for this DOLL..it was mistakingly left in the family car when it was removed to the scrap yard...her father has died and it was the last present she had received from him ..Just consider your intentions before you so cruelly invent these intentions..SHAME...The doll should be pictured on national television so the rightful child and doll can be reunited....

Ennui phil

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 09:41 pm
@Protagoras,
Protagoras;31037 wrote:

Provocative imbroglio indeed.

This is an expedient way to perceive- girl 2 and 3 cited that they hanker for the doll,but girl 1 didn't,as the story portrays.Thereupon,girl 3 and 2 should share with the doll.My another view is that the doll is perchance a filthy one and shall not be kept barring it is sterilized.

sheeps

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 04:20 pm
@Protagoras,
the question, if read again implies that infact girl 3 should get the doll as she was the only one that wanted it. Girl one does not mention the doll, she may not even have seen it. Girl two sees the doll but again does not mention it, Girl 3 is the only one with the desire to have the doll, therefore naturally it should be hers.

But then again should is how this started.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:06:07