Its your world

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 10:26 am
You now run the U.S. But you have to pick 10 of your friends, family, or people you know(even if they don't know you) to help you govern. Give the name and what they would do. This was an exercise in my class.

Heres mine.
1. Paul - Department of Rap
2. Matt - Department of Technology
3. James - Department of ADHD
4. Kali - Department of Trigger happyness
5. Wally - Department of Luv
6. Archie - Department of Procrastination
7. Brad - Department of Gaming
8. Keely - Department of Justice
9. Keith - Department of Keithis
10. Captain Jack Sparrow - Department of Pirates

Pick wisely for the next part....:shifty:

astrotheological

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:41 pm
@Sytar Embassy,
If I was president of the U.S. I would change the whole banking system and lower those taxes that they don't need. You can watch the zeitgeist to understand what I mean. Part 3.
www.zeitgeistthemovie.com

Sytar Embassy

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:26 pm
@astrotheological,
I'm sure. but the point of this is to explore how much you trust your friends and who really is your friend. but thx for the imput.:bigsmile:

sarathustrah

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:01 am
@Sytar Embassy,
i wouldnt choose friends... i think thats the problem there is right now...

i wouldnt know yet but id find each of the leading experts with the greatest knowledge in their specific field... and would replace them the minute i ever find out they arent trustworthy or have bad motives like money and power...

but that defeats the purpose of this friendly post huh Razz what a party pooper right Very Happy

Sytar Embassy

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:59 pm
@sarathustrah,
:lol:Sotra. Thats an more realistic attack on this situation. But finding actual leaders that are quiafied for the job is borig. So, try useing some of your close buddies. I'm sure you'll find some pretty interesting jobs for them. he he.

astrotheological

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:39 pm
@Sytar Embassy,
Sara is right. If you had to have friends and those friends made a huge mistake. You would be more likely to be too forgiving to them and not have them learn from there mistakes.

Besides none of my friends let alone myself would even want to be apart of the presidency nor would they even be qualified. Sure we would like the money and the power but to have no experience would be a disadvantage to the country.

Although yes I realize that the whole point to this is just to choose friends for the sake of it.:Not-Impressed:Laughing:bigsmile:

bundo

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 06:59 pm
@Sytar Embassy,
I wouldnt pick any of my friend's or family that i know aswell. it's all about keeping a safe ground. if you have people that you personally know working for you they could spread a rumor about you and destroy you reputation. so if i were to run the US i would do it alone.

even thought the point states choose your friend's.:whistling:

rambo phil

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 06:27 pm
@Sytar Embassy,
You could appoint whoever you want but when it comes down to it,
The Patriots run this country. Even the president answers to them.

Aesculapius

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 12:07 pm
@Sytar Embassy,
Picking my friends would, in the long run, lead to corruption. That's a problem that many of the world's government systems and politicians face, right? If they pick their friends, it makes their friends happy and perhaps there may be money involved (bribes). But, by doing so, one wouldn't be completing their role.
If I were indeed chosen as President, I would want people with the same philosophies and ideals that I have. That way, there would be less obsticles in my way to achieve what I want.

Sytar Embassy

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 11:50 pm
@Aesculapius,
You know what they say, "Power poisons the mind." It is completely true. I've seen it and experianced it. Its a crazy thing.

Back on topic, my friends would actuly run this country into the ground, with explosives tied to it while a goat kicks us in the "jewels," and a pyromaniac with his or her finger on the button that would set off said explosives. Did I mention that they are HIGH explosives? Ya. Think about that.

More to the point, even if they are well qualifed for the job, power still is poison to the mind so its a tough to pick. Thats why you will NEVER see my name on the ballet..... EVER!:letme-at-em:

And I mean my real name. Like I would put Sytar Embassy on the ballet... ya.... lol.... hummmmm.... maybe not....

Jose phil

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 09:34 pm
@Sytar Embassy,
I'll pick Jay Leno to be President. At least the world will enjoy some humor.

Sytar Embassy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 07:51 pm
@Jose phil,
That works. Who would be VP?

Jose phil

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 06:32 am
@Sytar Embassy,
I can't imagine a Tonight Show without Kevin Eubanks. So yeah, he's gonna be VP. Plus the world can enjoy some good jazz music.

Sytar Embassy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 08:18 pm
@Jose phil,
Sweet!:bigsmile: I can't wait to see the rest of the cabinet.

Jose phil

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 08:55 pm
@Sytar Embassy,
I'll put Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel) as Secretary of Labor, because I believe he understands exactly just how tough some jobs are that people often forget or neglect. And he's not afraid to get dirty. =)

Sytar Embassy

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 07:18 pm
@Jose phil,
Then would u have Jim Cramer as the Secretary of the Treasury, right? Or maybe Jon Stewart? And what about the Secretary of Defence? Steven Colbert????:shifty:Laughing

Jose phil

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:13 pm
@Sytar Embassy,
Jim Cramer?? No way... I'd probably have Suze Orman as Secretary of the Treasury. Or Warren Buffett.

And Jimmy Neutron can be Secretary of Energy.

Sytar Embassy

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:26 am
@Jose phil,
Jimmy? I would pick Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth for that position. And for Secretary of Health I would pick Dr. John A. Zoidberg. He is a very knowledgeable follow on human anatomy. Among other things.... Laughing

Jose phil

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:57 am
@Sytar Embassy,
Jimmy Neutron is a boy genius!

"Good news, everyone!" when America is depending so much on foreign oil?

Jimmy will probably solve the energy crisis and all by himself.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Seeing that SpongeBob Squarepants has a good track record (cooperated with Bill Clinton in a campaign to promote healthy eating), I'll pick him for Secretary of Health.

Sytar Embassy

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 11:55 am
@Jose phil,
He would be another good pick. And how about Patrick for Secretary of Defense? Speaking of Spongebob, how about Mr. Krabs for Secretary of Treasury? Looking at his background with marketing and business, he would pull us out of this economic problem.... or send us deeper into it.... hummmmmmm.... questionable.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:53:59