Are we all doomed?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Christianity
  3. » Are we all doomed?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

ABYA

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:39 pm
From the Times online - Sex discrimination is destined to continue in the scorching fires of Hell, according to a study approved by the Vatican.

The men, it seems are the ones whose souls end up being pelted with fire and brimstone, while the womens souls are more likely to be broken on a wheel_ _ _ Men are likely to have indulged in lust and glutony (whereas) women are primarily occupied with pride, envy and anger.

Now I'm really scared. I've been touched by a breath of everlasting darkness, cold and stale like a cellar, and I was overcome by fear_ _ _ Then I thought wait a minute, I beg your pardon, but doesn't anyone go to Heaven ? :a-thought:

lazymon

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:53 pm
@ABYA,
I think if you read your Bible you will find that Christianity has a history of misconstruing the reasons for God sending people to hell. According to the scripture, it is not up to the vatican or anyone on Earth to add or change the meanings of the scripture. So if you believe in a Christian God isn't it ok to determine the meanings of the scripture for our self? Why not.

Sure we might get it wrong but at least you tried. I see no reasons God has for sending some people to hell but that is up to Him to decide.

Khethil

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:58 pm
@ABYA,
Actually that seems ok. I was afraid us men folk would end up being tossed into crowds of neurotic telemarketers.

lazymon

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:03 pm
@ABYA,
What would this wheel be that women are on I am interested?

mister kitten

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:39 pm
@ABYA,
Yes, we are all doomed.

prothero

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 09:57 pm
@ABYA,
Hopefully God has something better to do than be concerned with human sexual preferences and activity. I know I do. Oh, the humanity.

ABYA

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 04:34 pm
@prothero,
Lazymon Wrote
Quote:
What would this wheel be that women are on I am interested?

I wonder ! Something the size of a ferris wheel atleast.:bigsmile:

mark noble

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 12:56 pm
@ABYA,
Hi All,
I would just like to add this; Christ doesn't send you to hell...You do.
My God doesn't send the wicked to hell either - It simply keeps them here.

Thank you each, have a great day.
Mark...

KaseiJin

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 06:12 pm
@ABYA,
I would just like to add, that that (meaning the rediculous notion pinned up on the word 'hell') is total imagination; so, not to worry folks (for those who might tend to be of such mental nature to do so).

Additionally, ABYA that article you seem to have found sounds very much off the wall--in light of other articles and sources I have knowledge of from the Vatican's outlook--and is not trustworthy at all.

Then, why actually bring this more than one month-old thread up again, just to say that, mark noble?

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:17 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble;175122 wrote:
Hi All,

Mark...

Hi Mark. Is Jesus the son of your God if not could you give us a link or something to inform us as to who your god is.:detective: Thank you. Reasoning Self Logic

Neil D

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:20 pm
@KaseiJin,
If there is a God, then he created people. If someone is good by nature, then that is because God created them that way. If someone is evil by nature, then that is also because God created them that way. Many people are somewhere in between these two extremes.

This being the case, it makes no sense that God would create a person with apparently negative qualities(as defined by us), and then condemn that person for it. It is like God condemning himself for his own work.

Since no thing defines its own creation, it cannot be held responsible for its nature.

Krumple

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:47 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble;175122 wrote:
Hi All,

Mark...

So does hell exist? If it does then wouldn't it have needed to be created? If it did need to be created, who created it?

Also if there is a rule and a response to that rule then by all means god would have had to design the "physics" of what you have determined in your mind. So even if you say it is "I" to put myself in hell, it was god who designed it that way, so in other words, yes it is god who does send me because it is the response to his own law which causes me to go.

You can't have a place, and a system and then make the claim that god is completely innocent and that it is completely the individuals doing.

That would be like me constructing a room full of traps but then someone just wanders by and steps into the room and gets all messed up from the traps. Then my followers come by and say to those victims. Oh this is not Krumple's fault it is yours for going into that room.

No, if the room would not have been made in the first place then it could not have caused any problems for anyone. Saying that it is the individuals fault that they end up in hell and it is not god's fault is illogical and a common tag line that is just unfounded.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Christianity
  3. » Are we all doomed?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:23:03