Why I am a Christian

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 07:31 pm
@lazymon,
lazymon;160112 wrote:
We all have a testimony to bear in our faith we should be proud of it. I am a Christian because it is the religion I grew up with. I also believe in a God in the same way I believe santa clause. (please don't take this out of context as I will explain later) Other religions and belief systems are just as good for human kind.

Christianity was the simplest path for me to take on my spiritual journey as it was easily available in my language. My parents are baptists. My friends are Christians. So why work really hard to convert myself to another belief system? I do think it is best to work hard to find the truth.

I grew up with santa clause. I don't believe in Santa Clause anymore but I do believe in the christmas spirit. The spirit of giving to people in need. The idea of the santa clause just helped to embed my faith in the spirit of giving. You can't touch or prove that the giving spirit exists but when enough people act upon it, it manifests itself. This is pretty much how my faith in a God is. He isn't here to prove himself but if enough people act upon the belief it helps to instill "faith".

Christianity is not the only religion that people grow up with. A person's family and friends are way more important to a person's spirituality and "faith" than having a religion. If a person has no companions that act upon their spiritual values, then wouldn't it be harder to conceive faith in anything? I feel I am biting off more than I can chew in writing this but I would like to think that all religions in the world should share a common truth. We should look back on all things we have done and ask our self "is it good?"

I thought it would be a good place to share our testimonies maybe I am wrong for opening a can of worms. I don't want it to be evangelical thread as there is a place for that. We have a responsibility in being humans with the knowledge of good and evil. God was right when trying to protect us from eating that forbidden fruit, but now the deed is done.

Imo, you are not religious at all. This "spirit" you said is a need for belonging. A lot people do stupid things, because everyone is doing it. The psychology is trying to following the herd.

CharmingPhlsphr

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 07:42 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;161854 wrote:
I was enjoying this thread, up until this paragraph. Does this mean that all the faithful of other religions, and everyone who is not religious, is condemned to eternal damnation? And doesn't this mean that God has created an enormous number of souls who will just go straight to hell for eternity? This is where I have to part company with Christians. I don't believe that Jesus is the only way; truth is the only way. Truth is the only Christ, but Jesus is in not the only truth. This has been a license for a considerable amount of persecution. Those claiming to defend Christ have been responsible for bloodshed as well as good, the Inquisition and the 30 Years War. So you can all sit around in a circle and congratulate yourselves as long as you like, but I will take my chance elsewhere.

Yeah, it is not always the most appreciated part, that is to hear Jesus is the only way. The reality is that it does not license a Christian to persecute unbelievers and, as long as there are people like me, it will not continue perpetually. As for the countless people who would be condemned, I can do nothing but pass to one what has been given to me.

I liken this to Spain. Consider: you want to travel to Spain and discover many different methods (car, bus, train, ship, plane) to arrive at your destination as allowed by the governing body. For many years, the travel remained fairly unrestricted, but, suddenly, for one reason or another, the governing body in Spain decides to only allow visitors by boat. Some prefer to ride the bus or train to travel and others prefer the plane, but preference is irrelevant to the matter, for it is the governing body which decided the manner in which one may enter the country. The choice is ultimately to decide whether to go to Spain or to not go to Spain. While there are intricacies which are not discussed in this example, it points out that the governing body is the one who controls the way by which one may arrive at the particular destination. The way of salvation is narrow and few find it, but the way to condemnation is wide and broad, filled with enticements.

onetwopi

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 08:00 pm
@CharmingPhlsphr,
CharmingPhlsphr;161913 wrote:
Yeah, it is not always the most appreciated part, that is to hear Jesus is the only way. The reality is that it does not license a Christian to persecute unbelievers and, as long as there are people like me, it will not continue perpetually. As for the countless people who would be condemned, I can do nothing but pass to one what has been given to me.

I liken this to Spain. Consider: you want to travel to Spain and discover many different methods (car, bus, train, ship, plane) to arrive at your destination as allowed by the governing body. For many years, the travel remained fairly unrestricted, but, suddenly, for one reason or another, the governing body in Spain decides to only allow visitors by boat. Some prefer to ride the bus or train to travel and others prefer the plane, but preference is irrelevant to the matter, for it is the governing body which decided the manner in which one may enter the country. The choice is ultimately to decide whether to go to Spain or to not go to Spain. While there are intricacies which are not discussed in this example, it points out that the governing body is the one who controls the way by which one may arrive at the particular destination. The way of salvation is narrow and few find it, but the way to condemnation is wide and broad, filled with enticements.

UGH - this thread went south so fast. To anyone open-minded still reading this post--all Christians do not believe in this way. It doesn't even make sense. Even the analogy is silly. Who gives a damn, as long as you get to Spain.

This kind of thing kills me. :poke-eye:

CharmingPhlsphr

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 08:16 pm
@onetwopi,
onetwopi;161920 wrote:
UGH - this thread went south so fast. To anyone open-minded still reading this post--all Christians do not believe in this way. It doesn't even make sense. Even the analogy is silly. Who gives a damn, as long as you get to Spain.

This kind of thing kills me. :poke-eye:

All Christians do not believe what way? Here is the abridged content:

-Believing in Christ Jesus as the only way does not justify persecution.
-I can do nothing, but preach to others what has been given to me.
-Likened the "only way" statement to a trip to Spain.
-Claimed that the way to salvation is narrow and not wide.

Now, I did not overlook the fact that the example was not perfect and stated that there were many things that it did not address, but the rest is quite biblical and I challenge you to reveal to me the error.

onetwopi

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 08:28 pm
@CharmingPhlsphr,
CharmingPhlsphr;161924 wrote:
All Christians do not believe what way? Here is the abridged content:

-Believing in Christ Jesus as the only way does not justify persecution.
-I can do nothing, but preach to others what has been given to me.
-Likened the "only way" statement to a trip to Spain.
-Claimed that the way to salvation is narrow and not wide.

Now, I did not overlook the fact that the example was not perfect and stated that there were many things that it did not address, but the rest is quite biblical and I challenge you to reveal to me the error.

I apologize--I should have been more clear. All Christians do not believe that Jesus is the "only way" to God.

You can build on what others have given you, using the knowledge and wisdom of those around you, to more keenly develop your sense of God and man.

The path to God is narrow - as is said in the gospels, though, it is not always those who assume they are on the narrow path that are actually there.

"Quite biblical" to me is not convincing. What does "biblical" mean to you? Biblical to the KKK is implementing slavery. Biblical to Hitler was eradication of the Jews. Biblical to early 20th century Americans was suppression of women. Biblical to Baptists in the 1960s-1970s was the persecution of divorced people. Biblical to the fundamentalist church today is the prejudicial and hateful treatment of homosexuals. The bible is not waiting for your literal interpretation--if you think it is you should get your head coverings out for women at your church and make sure to treat your slaves with respect.

CharmingPhlsphr

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 08:55 pm
@onetwopi,
onetwopi;161927 wrote:
I apologize--I should have been more clear. All Christians do not believe that Jesus is the "only way" to God.

You can build on what others have given you, using the knowledge and wisdom of those around you, to more keenly develop your sense of God and man.

The path to God is narrow - as is said in the gospels, though, it is not always those who assume they are on the narrow path that are actually there.

"Quite biblical" to me is not convincing. What does "biblical" mean to you? Biblical to the KKK is implementing slavery. Biblical to Hitler was eradication of the Jews. Biblical to early 20th century Americans was suppression of women. Biblical to Baptists in the 1960s-1970s was the persecution of divorced people. Biblical to the fundamentalist church today is the prejudicial and hateful treatment of homosexuals. The bible is not waiting for your literal interpretation--if you think it is you should get your head coverings out for women at your church and make sure to treat your slaves with respect.

By "quite biblical," I mean that it is supported by scripture as truthful. Perceived interpretation and contextual interpretation are quite different and the former results in many problems. When we remove the validity of what is biblical, based on perceived interpretation, we throw away any value of the scripture and the whole begins to crumble.

There are two aspects of the church: the visible and the invisible. The "invisible church" contains the body of believers and, while the visible church contains the body of believers, it also contains those who do not truly believe - the wheat and chaff, so to speak. All Christians believe that Jesus is the only way, but there are certainly those who profess to be Christian and believe all sorts of nonsense. Those who profess themselves to be Christians, however, are not necessarily part of the invisible church.

You did say it right, though. Not everyone who believes that they are on the narrow path are actually on the narrow path at all.

jeeprs

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 02:36 am
@CharmingPhlsphr,
CharmingPhlsphr;161913 wrote:

Regrettably, I don't understand this answer at all.

Do you think that Christ being the only way to salvation means that all who don't call themselves Christian are condemned?

I am asking this because I am a religious pluralist. And it seems completely impossible to reconcile this with pluralism.

I also believe that humans are generally responsible for their destiny. If they do good, are compassionate, help others, and so on, whether they call themselves religious or not is secondary to what they actually do.

---------- Post added 05-09-2010 at 06:56 PM ----------

I do understand the 'narrow and wide' distinction however.

fleshwound

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:21 am
@Priceless,
interesting topic and one that always fires up nearly everyone.
i suppose i was raised in a christian school but found a book on buddhism as a teenager and found it just seemed to make a lot more sense.
i found christianity quite hard to follow as a rational idea but found buddhism very logical and a good instruction manual for life.

having said that , i have reflected a lot on what jesus said and do consider him to be somewhat of a devine genius in that much of what he said is true (and also quite paradoxical, which fits in well with buddhism)

examples such as the first shall be last and blessed are you when they persecute you , etc etc are true in both christianlty and buddhism.

i find most christians seem a bit worried to show any doubt.
as someone in the science field i would say doubt is good.

christian friends (i have a lot and respect their faith) often tell me they feel sorry for me because "i am still searching"
but i really am quite happy in that state as each day can lead to a new discovery.

as i have said though, many of these discoveries agree with what jesus taught so i am happy to learn from him as a teacher.

as a saviour, well that seems a bit weak. as jfk would say, ask not what god would do for you but what you would do for god

by reflecting on mindfulness and really concentrating on following buddhas "middle path" i feel fairly happy that i am slowly getting a better understanding of things.

but its all food for thought and i would certainly recommend to my kids to read the new testament, and for that matter the koran, the works of gandi and might as well throw in the thoughts of confuscius as well.

cheers fw

jeeprs

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:38 am
@lazymon,
hey fw. Welcome to the forum.

---------- Post added 05-09-2010 at 08:22 PM ----------

fleshwound;162090 wrote:

i found christianity quite hard to follow as a rational idea but found buddhism very logical and a good instruction manual for life.

Incidentally I think Buddhism is a much more difficult path to follow. Buddhism teaches you to be responsible for yourself: 'by oneself one is purified, by oneself one is defiled.' The Buddha doesn't claim to be a saviour, but a teacher. But it is up to the student to put it into practise.

onetwopi

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 09:16 am
@CharmingPhlsphr,
CharmingPhlsphr;161939 wrote:
By "quite biblical," I mean that it is supported by scripture as truthful. Perceived interpretation and contextual interpretation are quite different and the former results in many problems. When we remove the validity of what is biblical, based on perceived interpretation, we throw away any value of the scripture and the whole begins to crumble.

The problem is you cannot remove your interpretation from the mix. There is no bible without interpretation.

There are two aspects of the church: the visible and the invisible. The "invisible church" contains the body of believers and, while the visible church contains the body of believers, it also contains those who do not truly believe - the wheat and chaff, so to speak. All Christians believe that Jesus is the only way, but there are certainly those who profess to be Christian and believe all sorts of nonsense. Those who profess themselves to be Christians, however, are not necessarily part of the invisible church.

Couldn't disagree more. This is a very fundamentalist view and is not shared by all Christians.

You did say it right, though. Not everyone who believes that they are on the narrow path are actually on the narrow path at all.

Those condemning others should check their 6.

CharmingPhlsphr

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:34 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;162081 wrote:
Regrettably, I don't understand this answer at all.

Do you think that Christ being the only way to salvation means that all who don't call themselves Christian are condemned?

I am asking this because I am a religious pluralist. And it seems completely impossible to reconcile this with pluralism.

I also believe that humans are generally responsible for their destiny. If they do good, are compassionate, help others, and so on, whether they call themselves religious or not is secondary to what they actually do.

We are pretty close to one another if you believe that humans are generally responsible for their destiny, but you are right, I do believe that Christ Jesus is the only way in which one would be saved. You are also quite accurate in saying that it is completely impossible to reconcile it with pluralism.

As for the example, it is basically to say that the method in which one may arrive at the favored destination is dictated by the Authority who has control. The Authority - specifically God - chose one way to reconcile man to Himself and this is through Christ Jesus. If reconciliation and a relationship with God was of any importance, though, the issue of only one way would be irrelevant. I also do not necessarily see the bad, either, for we find comfort from the same God who demands submission to His way (Jesus) because He is the same God who constantly calls after us, individually, in a personal and intimate pursuit of a particular stray sheep. We read in the Gospel that all of heaven rejoices for one sinner who comes to and submits before Jesus (Luke 15).

Pluralism, aside from being contrary to the way, is also a lesser way in the sense that it strips God of His personal and intimate nature, reducing Him to an impersonal creator or, as Hinduism would teach, something of an impersonal consciousness.

jeeprs

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:38 pm
@lazymon,
It is also instructive that while 'all Christians believe Jesus is the only way' they also have vehement disagreements over the nature of Christ, the meaning of Scripture, and many other things which any single Christian will assure you are perfectly self-evident. Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox all think each other heretical in some respects. So if the Christians disagree amongst themselves about their own fundamental doctrine, it is hard to argue that it is self-evident.

---------- Post added 05-10-2010 at 07:42 AM ----------

The Gospel is also written in Sanskrit.

---------- Post added 05-10-2010 at 07:44 AM ----------

although all of that said, I don't want to get into an is/isnt argument with Christians. I am happy to discuss, listen, consider.

CharmingPhlsphr

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:59 pm
@onetwopi,
onetwopi;162151 wrote:
The problem is you cannot remove your interpretation from the mix. There is no bible without interpretation.

Couldn't disagree more. This is a very fundamentalist view and is not shared by all Christians.

Those condemning others should check their 6.

Right, you cannot remove interpretation from a text; that is not being disputed. What is being argued is that there are both good and bad interpretations. Bad interpretations would be those which are made out of context, whereas good interpretations read the text for what it is worth in light of the other scripture. Consider, people abandon the Bible because it teaches that there is no God (Ps. 14:1); this would be wrong and an out-of-context interpretation.

The disagreement is irrelevant on the basis of scriptural consistency. Paul wrote that (2 Timothy 3:16-17), "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." One who professes faith in Christ must also submit to scriptural authority.

As for my "6," I have no concern for my own salvation, for I know through whom I may appropriately possess hope; this was never previously so assured as it was when I was first called in September of 2005 while employed at an adult membership club, after which I promptly quit.

---------- Post added 05-09-2010 at 05:08 PM ----------

jeeprs;162214 wrote:
It is also instructive that while 'all Christians believe Jesus is the only way' they also have vehement disagreements over the nature of Christ, the meaning of Scripture, and many other things which any single Christian will assure you are perfectly self-evident. Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox all think each other heretical in some respects. So if the Christians disagree amongst themselves about their own fundamental doctrine, it is hard to argue that it is self-evident.

As for arguments regarding the nature of Christ, this is mostly held between Christians and various Christian cults or the liberal scholars of the "Jesus Seminar." His nature is not disputed much anymore amongst Christians, for it is one of the essential doctrines of the faith, by which one may only be recognized as a Christian. My particular position happens to be that there are factors in what makes a person a Christian and these do not bind one to Presbyterianism (though I go to a Presbyterian church), Methodism, Roman Catholicism, etc., but rather only binds them to the catholic (used as "unified") body of believers. The best way that I can describe it would be to say that I am not a Presbyterian Christian, but a Christian who goes to a Presbyterian church. My allegiance is to Christ Jesus alone and the invisible church.

jeeprs

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 06:54 pm
@lazymon,
you know, thinking about it, the issue I have is that I don't believe in believing. I see a lot of people who say they believe and who don't demonstrate any particular virtue or sagacity as a result. It might meet some psychological need and provide them with a coherent explanation of their existential situation. But I just can't go along with that. I think ultimately people are responsible for themselves and what becomes of them. This does not mean that the ego is in charge. Part of self-mastery is surpassing egotism. This is one of the things that Christ calls you to do. But one is obliged to respond. I think people who just coast along, feeling as though they 'are not perfect but forgiven' as a bumper sticker has it, must be kidding themselves. I understand the issue with 'Pelagianism' and how any effort on the part of ego will always lead to further entanglement (or 'man can do nothing to save himself in his fallen state'). But nevertheless Jesus calls you to action, and renunciation, it seems to me.

onetwopi

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 08:06 pm
@jeeprs,
CharmingPhlsphr;162222 wrote:
Right, you cannot remove interpretation from a text; that is not being disputed. What is being argued is that there are both good and bad interpretations.

The disagreement is irrelevant on the basis of scriptural consistency. Paul wrote that (2 Timothy 3:16-17), "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." One who professes faith in Christ must also submit to scriptural authority.

As for my "6," I have no concern for my own salvation, for I know through whom I may appropriately possess hope...

CP, first, thank you for an interesting discussion. On the points mentioned here --
Regarding interpretation, certainly any interpretation is flawed in some way. Do you think that if Calvin and Arminius couldn't figure it out that you or I have a shot at some kind of perfect interpretation? And history has shown that people have been as adamant about their interpretations as you are about yours and been dead wrong (e.g. Galileo, KKK, Hitler, etc.).

Several problems with the 2 Tim 3:16 argument regarding scripture. First, it's circular logic - the bible is true because the bible says it's true. No dice. Second, the books that you recognize as scripture were not close to being written, compiled, or in active circulation in their entirety when that was written. Thirdly, the book of 2 Tim is widely known to be authored by someone other than Paul, likely long after his death, potentially pseudonymous, which brings doubt to authenticity as an ancient source anyway. I think the "2 Tim 3:16" argument is the weakest possible argument for literal interpretation of the bible.

Also, I hope you weren't thinking that I was directing the comment about checking your 6 at you; that was more of a general statement not meant at all to apply to you. I am sorry that you seem to have taken that way. I hope you continue strong in faith and are blessed by God!

jeeprs;162245 wrote:
you know, thinking about it, the issue I have is that I don't believe in believing. I see a lot of people who say they believe and who don't demonstrate any particular virtue or sagacity as a result. It might meet some psychological need and provide them with a coherent explanation of their existential situation. But I just can't go along with that. I think ultimately people are responsible for themselves and what becomes of them. This does not mean that the ego is in charge. Part of self-mastery is surpassing egotism. This is one of the things that Christ calls you to do. But one is obliged to respond. I think people who just coast along, feeling as though they 'are not perfect but forgiven' as a bumper sticker has it, must be kidding themselves. I understand the issue with 'Pelagianism' and how any effort on the part of ego will always lead to further entanglement (or 'man can do nothing to save himself in his fallen state'). But nevertheless Jesus calls you to action, and renunciation, it seems to me.

This is an interesting line of thought. If your religion is merely a crutch to you, and has given you a pie-in-the-sky hope, but has not impacted your life, your morals, how you life ... you are certainly missing the point of Christianity at least, and probably other religions is general as well.

jeeprs

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 08:10 pm
@lazymon,
hang on a minute here...I am not talking about 'my religion'. I am talking about "how I see many Christians'. My impression of Christians is that believing is precisely a crutch for them. I haven't said anything about 'my religion' in any of this.

CharmingPhlsphr

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 09:29 pm
@onetwopi,
onetwopi;162257 wrote:
CP, first, thank you for an interesting discussion. On the points mentioned here --

Regarding interpretation, certainly any interpretation is flawed in some way. Do you think that if Calvin and Arminius couldn't figure it out that you or I have a shot at some kind of perfect interpretation? And history has shown that people have been as adamant about their interpretations as you are about yours and been dead wrong (e.g. Galileo, KKK, Hitler, etc.).

Calvin and Arminius were just men. While I hold a higher appreciation for Calvin, myself, I acknowledge this very essential point. What have I, more than they? Possibly nothing, possibly something. Perhaps I have been given both an opportunity and a gift to understand those things which were of great difficulty to them and, again, perhaps not. More so, perhaps I have been given the particular ability to lead people in a select few areas of Christian life. I am certainly no Calvin or Arminius, but I assure you that neither Calvin nor Arminius were a Phillip Nicewaner. To each believer has the Spirit given those gifts to both strengthen and edify the church.

onetwopi;162257 wrote:
Several problems with the 2 Tim 3:16 argument regarding scripture. First, it's circular logic - the bible is true because the bible says it's true. No dice. Second, the books that you recognize as scripture were not close to being written, compiled, or in active circulation in their entirety when that was written. Thirdly, the book of 2 Tim is widely known to be authored by someone other than Paul, likely long after his death, potentially pseudonymous, which brings doubt to authenticity as an ancient source anyway. I think the "2 Tim 3:16" argument is the weakest possible argument for literal interpretation of the bible.

I am fascinated by Cornelius Van Til, who argued that all lines of reasoning are fundamentally circular. All of the letters of the New Testament were composed and circulated by the end of the first century and were quoted by three particular Early Church Fathers (I cannot refer to their exact names right now because I am on vacation, approximately 600 miles from my library until Wednesday). The concept of a "literal" interpretation is too generalized, for the Bible must be read in the context it was written: treating the allegorical as an allegory, metaphorical as a metaphor, historical as a history, etc.

Ultimately, I cannot sway you into believing that the Bible is truth on the basis of divine authority, which is installed in the Word itself (i.e. the Bible is true because it says it is true). It is what it says it is, independently from what one may profess, whether positive or negative, and it does not require us to validate it.

onetwopi;162257 wrote:
Also, I hope you weren't thinking that I was directing the comment about checking your 6 at you; that was more of a general statement not meant at all to apply to you. I am sorry that you seem to have taken that way. I hope you continue strong in faith and are blessed by God!

Part of addressing the "opposition," which I use loosely in this, requires one to consider all options and proceed, much like chess. Before a move is made, the player must observe the opponent's pieces and consider possible moves, then decide accordingly. Sometimes the move is ineffective to the progress of the game.

fleshwound

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 09:39 pm
@CharmingPhlsphr,
more interesting stuff,

jpeers , when you say buddhism is harder to follow, when i read it , it reads like a microsoft help manual, fairly specific and even ,dare i say it , a bit "routine".

when i read the new testament, i found it more like trying to interpret shakespeare. the language is very flowery. i'm sure there are good lessons in the bible.

as for christianity, i think its basicly a good belief system. like luther ,
i cant really see where in the new testament , there is a requirement to have a beauracracy to mediate between a believer and "god"

if you see god , not as a policeman, but as "the way and the truth"
i think your probably on the right path.

CharmingPhlsphr

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 09:45 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;162245 wrote:

There is great value in what you write. Jesus does call us to act. If you studied the Bible, you may be familiar with the time in which Jesus took some of His disciples to Gethsemane, then left to pray privately. When He came back, He found them sleeping and rebuked them. He left again and came back to find them sleeping, then rebuking them, telling them to remain watchful and prayerful. Separately, we also read of a command to remain awake, for the servants do not know at which time the Master will return. We are certainly supposed to act in accordance to His word and will.

The sad part about the name "Christian" is that it is not only a derogatory term (historically), but has somewhat degraded to indicate a cultural or ancestral heritage. The derogatory nature of the name is satisfactory to those who bear His name, but the "in name only" Christians have little to no gain and great loss, that is to bear the weight of such a heavily mocked name for nothing. My ex-girlfriend sent me a text stating that a friend wore a t-shirt to her church service, which read "And they will know us by our t-shirts"; this is, of course, a pungent satire of the "in name only" Christians who talk the talk, but are found to be sans substance.

jeeprs

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 09:59 pm
@lazymon,
thanks, I really do appreciate your input. I still have strong Christian roots. However in the environment I grew up in, there was not a real understanding of what I now understand as the transformational aspect of the teaching. This is why I studied Eastern religions. I am glad I did and don't regret it for one moment. It has actually helped me to understand the life and teachings a lot better than I would have.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:08:56