I hope this the start of new friendships

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I hope this the start of new friendships

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 12:20 pm
Hello to all,

I will not start off with anything but a warm greeting from someone who realizes that he is nowhere near understanding the mysteries of this, our world. I am not a brilliant man, but rather a simple one who finds himself encumbered with questions and a strong desire to learn. I am opinionated, but opinions change with knowledge and reason. I am open-minded and also sympathetic to points of view that I may have even disregarded.

I believe Emerson's assertions that all of us are essentially good, but I don't know enough about the man to fool you into believing I am an expert on his work. I know that I have seen true evil, however, and realized there was very little difference in between those who practice it and me. I would tend to believe that situations, whether physical, mental, or spiritual in nature, drive "essentially good" people to evil.

I will use my access to this sight as a means for gaining knowledge for myself and testing my opinions on the listening ears I find here. I do not look for confrontation or any type of negative attention, but merely good conversation and with you all. I will become your student.

Thank you all for having me. I look forward to hearing from any of you.

(Really I do. I am in Iraq. Any correspondence does me good)

Sincerely,

JL

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 01:37 pm
@jlance3504,
We are glad to have you with us, JL.

Justin

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 09:43 pm
@jlance3504,
jlance, welcome to the forum. Thank you for taking a moment to introduce yourself and we hope you enjoy the community here. This is a peaceful forum of the sort where we do our best not to tear each other apart and respect one another and often times grow fond of one another. Happy to have you aboard and look forward to your involvement.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 12:08 am
@Justin,
Welcome! An introduction worthy of a fellow relativist.

Are there any particular areas of philosophy you want to explore the most?

boagie

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 05:33 am
@VideCorSpoon,
jlance,Smile

Well you certainly sound like a trouble maker to me, just kidding!! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it an enriching experience, you sound like a most interesting chap. Again welcome, make yourself at home jlance!! boagie:D

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I hope this the start of new friendships
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:40:43