[OT?] How can you tell if someone is a Christian?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Marat phil
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 12:51 pm
@Twirlip,
[SIZE="4"]If you belive in Second Coming, Paradis, Hell, Lucifer, Doomsday, - congratulation! You christian![/SIZE] :devilish:
 
prothero
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:10 pm
@Twirlip,
you could ask them?
 
Marat phil
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:27 pm
@prothero,
prothero;158517 wrote:
you could ask them?


[SIZE="5"]Yes. God has warned the Selected People about Last Judgement date.[/SIZE] :thats-enough:
 
mark noble
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:30 pm
@Twirlip,
Hello fellow thinkers
Firstly, one must define what it means to be to be a christian. My closest friend is one, and completely agrees that, in his journey through the vast realm of christianity, they are few and far between.
His definition is ; One who totally dedicates themself to the teachings of Jesus, and the practices and processes thereof.
The conflict he goes through when I place him under the semantic cosh by revealing the hypocrisy and contradictory formula incorporated within the gospels and following letters is, very confusing to him - But he takes it on the chin, and delves deeper into his chosen doctrine. Which I commend.
Nevertheless, it is only those who have been unable to deal with the realities and traumas in their own lives, who lean toward doctrine - The greater the trauma... The greater the desire for guidance.
Fear is the key, Doubt is the trigger.
Have a fantastic everything...
 
Fido
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:22 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble;158528 wrote:
Hello fellow thinkers
Firstly, one must define what it means to be to be a christian. My closest friend is one, and completely agrees that, in his journey through the vast realm of christianity, they are few and far between.
His definition is ; One who totally dedicates themself to the teachings of Jesus, and the practices and processes thereof.
The conflict he goes through when I place him under the semantic cosh by revealing the hypocrisy and contradictory formula incorporated within the gospels and following letters is, very confusing to him - But he takes it on the chin, and delves deeper into his chosen doctrine. Which I commend.
Nevertheless, it is only those who have been unable to deal with the realities and traumas in their own lives, who lean toward doctrine - The greater the trauma... The greater the desire for guidance.
Fear is the key, Doubt is the trigger.
Have a fantastic everything...

It is a waste of time to apply reason to religion... If you believe you believe because it is beyond proof and not because no one has tried...
 
Pyrrho
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:35 pm
@Fido,
Fido;158548 wrote:
It is a waste of time to apply reason to religion... If you believe you believe because it is beyond proof and not because no one has tried...


Are you saying that religious people are all unreasonable?
 
Marat phil
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:58 pm
@Fido,
Fido;158548 wrote:
It is a waste of time to apply reason to religion... If you believe you believe because it is beyond proof and not because no one has tried...


[SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"]Sorry but Is felister's opignion. "Sufficient proofs" & "beyond proof " is different concepts. You read Holy Bible ? It is the long list of proofs. You don't search proof. You hide proofs. If to you give proofs, you will destroy them. Why I know it? Because atheists Satans slaves![/SIZE][/SIZE]
:thats-enough: :poke-eye:
 
Amperage
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 05:03 pm
@Marat phil,
The first thing that comes to my mind is something Christ said and that is "You will know them by their fruits."
 
Marat phil
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 05:13 pm
@Fido,
Fido;158548 wrote:
It is a waste of time to apply reason to religion... If you believe you believe because it is beyond proof and not because no one has tried...


The Church base is tomb of the Apostle. The apostle saw revival of Lazar and Jesus. The base of Christian Church is Proof! It NOT BELIEF. It is TRADITION.

Tell me. If I tell you: "I am GOD"! And then I will revive rotten corpse and it becomes the young, beautiful and healthy person. You will believe to me? It will be sufficient proof for you?
 
Fido
 
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 06:52 pm
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;158556 wrote:
Are you saying that religious people are all unreasonable?

Like most people, their reason is as limited as their goals...

---------- Post added 04-30-2010 at 08:53 PM ----------

Marat;158577 wrote:
The Church base is tomb of the Apostle. The apostle saw revival of Lazar and Jesus. The base of Christian Church is Proof! It NOT BELIEF. It is TRADITION.

Tell me. If I tell you: "I am GOD"! And then I will revive rotten corpse and it becomes the young, beautiful and healthy person. You will believe to me? It will be sufficient proof for you?

Evidence is not proof... Testimony is not proof, but evidence...

---------- Post added 04-30-2010 at 08:56 PM ----------

Amperage;158569 wrote:
The first thing that comes to my mind is something Christ said and that is "You will know them by their fruits."

That must be the apple of discord...
 
onetwopi
 
Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 12:29 am
@lazymon,
lazymon;158444 wrote:
For me I call myself a christian, even though most christians would say that I am not. This is because it usually shuts them the hell up so I don't have to argue about it.


2. Know where you're coming from on that one.
 
Fido
 
Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:23 am
@onetwopi,
onetwopi;158689 wrote:
2. Know where you're coming from on that one.

I often caught hell from my wife for talking to people with disabilities, or even joking with them about their injuries or defects... And it was because it is natural to turn your eyes aways from some things, and to see mother's turn their children's heads away because they will stare, some times horrified, and I think it is natural to think of people bearing some curse as some how deserving of it... But I do not feel that way... It was not always nice, what I did, or polite... Some people wanted to be left alone in their isolation, and it was wrong to include them in my company without asking first if that was anything they wanted... My feeling was this: That to give any person a hard time over some big thing they have no control over was much better than giving them a hard time over the slightest thing they have control over because the later implied a moral choice...

Christians have one soul they have to be worried about saving, and until that is saved and certain they should not concern themselves about others...In fact, around here the churches advertize... Were they what they say, the actions of Christians would make certain their company would be bursting with people, because God was great and one follows greatness to be great, but no one follows Jesus anywhere but into poverty, and there is the greatness, that putting God before all else one becomes a saint, and a servant to ones fellow human beings, and nothing more... Good tidings are just words...God knows there is enough need for people willing to reach out, to form relationships with those in pain or need, but unless that is all, the most important thing, there is no God in them worthy of the name...
 
 

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2019 at 11:39:07