Hey

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Heimdal

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:06 pm
Thought I'd introduce myself. I've recently developed an interest in philosophy and I was hoping this forum would provide me with a better understanding with certain concepts. I'm into economics and I have a thirst to learn and see the material connection between philosophy (particularly political philosophy) and the economy. Anyway, I'm not big on hostile debates because sooner or later, they become a clash of egos, rather than a learning experience. My favorite works have been Wealth of Nations by Smith, Of Grammatology by Derrida, and Plato's Republic.

Anyway, I'm always open to hear some recommendations!!

boagie

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 08:12 am
@Heimdal,
Heimdal.Smile

Welcome Heimdal! In all probablity if you are not invested in your own opinion you can avoid these debates, personally I have met few so constituted. This place is more civil than most you will find on the net, some friction goes with the territory however. I am sure you will enjoy some like minded discussions. As you enrich so you are enriched. We are most pleased to have you with us!!Smile

Justin

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 11:33 am
@Heimdal,
Welcome Heimdal! Glad you joined us and we're also not into hostile debates so feel free to make yourself at home. Enjoy the community!

jlance3504

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 12:30 pm
@Heimdal,
I too feel as though I came here to learn. Economics, politics, and philosophy; definitely a strong connection there! I will be interested to learn what you have to say about economics, as I am a relative child in this category. I just wrote my introduction as well, so I guess we'll figure this place out together.

Anyway, good to talk. Have a good day.

-JL

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:25:46