Are there any Christians here?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JPhil

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 12:30 am
@LittleMarie,
I am a Christian but the ones who do not trust the entire bible are not christians.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 01:05 am
@Leonard,
Leonard;116196 wrote:
Yes, I am a christian. There are a couple around here, as well as other theists.

Was Jezus a chriistian? Or Abraham? The last was willing to sacrefice his son to prove his faith to his god. Does this mean Jews have a tradition of human offerings?

Did this end with Christ?
:nonooo:

sometime sun

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 06:25 pm
@prothero,
prothero wrote:
i went through the confirmation class and refused confirmation about age 12, i think. Maybe we should start a lapsed christian thread where we can review.
Original sin, the incarnation (jesus as god in the flesh), the atonment (substitutionary, vicarious or sacrificial) and the resurrection (of the flesh, of the spirit), heaven and hell and the second coming. How to interpret these christian doctrines in a symbolic, mythical, or allegorical instead of a literal historical sense? I acutually like mystical christian theology but literalists and fundamentalists are difficult to have meaningful dialogue with.

yes lets do this, open a group, this is important, someone make this happen. CAPITAL LETTERS PLEASE

---------- Post added 02-15-2010 at 12:32 AM ----------

rajiraouf;117213 wrote:
I am almost christian. Just waiting for the final push.

You should never be pushed.
Pull is better.

---------- Post added 02-15-2010 at 12:33 AM ----------

Fido;117222 wrote:
Jesus said: Do as they say; not as they do...

It is better to behave as a Christian before Christians were Christians than to become a Christian...

It can be all about the becoming.

---------- Post added 02-15-2010 at 12:38 AM ----------

Twirlip;127161 wrote:
trying to keep a bit of his flame alive.

Your doing it by burning your self brighter, we can do this, and you just proved it by being here and sharing your experience of yourself and him.
I can see you from here.

---------- Post added 02-15-2010 at 12:47 AM ----------

jeeprs;127212 wrote:
Good judgement. I have discovered a couple of far more fascinating philosophers of consciousness, both current professors of their subject: Alva Noe Out of our Heads: Why you are Not your Brain (I love the first part of the title purely for nostalgic reasons) and W Teed Rockwell Neither Brain nor Ghost.

Have you read any Gopi Krishna?

---------- Post added 02-15-2010 at 12:54 AM ----------

Pepijn Sweep;128094 wrote:
Was Jezus a chriistian? Or Abraham? The last was willing to sacrefice his son to prove his faith to his god. Does this mean Jews have a tradition of human offerings?

Did this end with Christ?
:nonooo:

Fantastic,
Jesus was the first Christian.

Abraham, prophets never die until their prophecy does.
(Teachers never die if the lesson never fades)

Jesus Christ and Christianity were and are prophecied.
(Still more to come)

Everyone has a tradition of human offering if you go back far enough.

Jesus was the first Sacrifice, Ultimate, showed us how and why it is really needed to be done.
And done.

---------- Post added 02-15-2010 at 01:33 AM ----------

JPhil;128079 wrote:
I am a Christian but the ones who do not trust the entire bible are not christians.

To trust something you have to first know and understand it.
Clarity is hard put.
Even though, religion helps you see find better, especially deeper.
If it is trustworthy?
Not all religion is.

melonkali

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:45 pm
@LittleMarie,
Add one more Christian -- of the liberal universalist variety, but I'm still grounded in Christianity.

rebecca

octobrist

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:42 pm
@JPhil,
JPhil;128079 wrote:

Ridiculous. I believe that one only has to recognise the significance of the crucifixion to be a Christian.

Also, I find it interesting that you capitalize "Christian" only once in that sentence. Was this intended?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:49:31