One World One People No Fear

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Christianity
  3. » One World One People No Fear

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Oswald

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 02:24 pm
I am constructing a new blog based on different issues such as religion, philosophy and self improvement. Here are some notes that I would like to share to gain wisdom from its observers. Please feel free to tell me your thoughts on the matter.....

On religion:
Many ideas such as; Humility (denying yourself), Love, Respect, Faith in the unseen, having spiritual awareness, gaining knowledge and experience and following examples of great leaders; are present in all religions of the world. Whether its practiced within the religion/culture itself or if it goes outside of one's own culture/religion it is present. What separates all religions is the culture/stories, political/social gain and the acceptance of other faiths and beliefs that are different from yours.If we as a human race realize this we can learn from everyone's experiences and gain much needed wisdom.

Labyrinth

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 05:25 pm
@Oswald,
I like this thought. Romans 14 gave hope that this would be a strength of the Christian faith which unfortunately didn't pan out in actual history. In that passage, Paul tries to reconcile fellow believers who were divided into those who felt guilty about eating meat from the pagan temples and those who didn't. Paul drives the attention away from the differences between them in hopes of maintaining the unity of believers.

If we achieve this on a complete level, there will truly be "no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free." (Col 3:3) We ourselves make these demarcations.

peter74

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 05:27 pm
@Oswald,
Hi there, you have some good ideas! I assume this will all be in a Christian framework or do you have other religions in mind as well?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Christianity
  3. » One World One People No Fear
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 12:17:57