Importance choice?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Epistemology
  3. » Importance choice?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 07:55 am
Is imagination more important than knowledge?

Can you have one without the other?

Which came first the theory of the proof?
The question or the answer?

What comes after, leads from both?

Siddhartha phil

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:37 am
@sometime sun,
:intentive:

[SIZE="3"]We can live with Both. Having to perceive with our Thoughts ("Imaginary" or Illustrations through viewing the perception of another person and/or people); implements the knowledge we have on a certain criteria that we are all claiming, stating, etc.

:deep-thought:

And with such dissections of perceptions (through "Imaginative" thinking to perceive what the subject is concerning about through Illustration of mind) and knowledge, we do attain a level of Wisdom. Hereafter, leading to having both Knowledge and Wisdom Do Co-Exists within a person.
[/SIZE]

:oyyyy:

Reconstructo

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 04:07 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;129963 wrote:

I think the question comes first. Perhaps imagination is the cutting-edge of knowledge?

sometime sun

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:47 pm
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;131546 wrote:
I think the question comes first. Perhaps imagination is the cutting-edge of knowledge?

The question may come first but is not the answer already there waiting to be questioned.
We live by the proof even if we have not as yet come to question it.
Or even yet to know it exists even though by its answer we exist.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 08:09 am
@Siddhartha phil,
Siddhartha;131442 wrote:
:intentive:

We can live with Both. Having to perceive with our Thoughts ("Imaginary" or Illustrations through viewing the perception of another person and/or people); implements the knowledge we have on a certain criteria that we are all claiming, stating, etc.

:deep-thought:

And with such dissections of perceptions (through "Imaginative" thinking to perceive what the subject is concerning about through Illustration of mind) and knowledge, we do attain a level of Wisdom. Hereafter, leading to having both Knowledge and Wisdom Do Co-Exists within a person.

:oyyyy:

It's not so much a lack off wisdom in the world; it's the mass stupidity !

kennethamy

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 08:51 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;131546 wrote:

Now that's a good insert for a fortune cookie!

William

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 11:51 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;134041 wrote:

I am uncomfortable with the word stupidity, yet it does have definitions. Stupidity is the doing of foolish things to fill the gaps that exist from the recognition one never was allowed. All have been guilty of such antics. Wisdom is being cognitive of that fact. If one is not allowed to be re-cognitive they will seek others ways to find identity and attention even if there is nothing accomplished but a Pyrrhic victory. You are right Pepjin, the problem is "massive".

William

jgweed

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 01:23 pm
@sometime sun,
Imagination without knowledge is insanity; knowledge without imagination is brutishness.

Siddhartha phil

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 12:32 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep;134041 wrote:

[SIZE="4"]The Mass will always have it's affect. It is of no wonder we are surrounded by "Stupidity," mostly equating to ones that lacks perceptiveness also lacking comprehension. Thus I stated, "Person" because it is only Plausible for the very few.

:chillin: "Very few standing amongst the crowd."[/SIZE]

sometime sun

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 05:29 pm
@Siddhartha phil,
Can you be stupid and still imaginative?
(I think i just answered my own question)Smile

Siddhartha phil

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 09:59 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;135661 wrote:
Can you be stupid and still imaginative?
(I think i just answered my own question)Smile

[SIZE="4"]
Laughing Yes, Thee "Stupid" still emanates imaginative traits. However, others can use it to Implement their Knowledge. There is a difference.
[/SIZE]

jgweed;134164 wrote:
Imagination without knowledge is insanity; knowledge without imagination is brutishness.

[SIZE="4"]
:chillin: He stateth so quite well with dignity.
[/SIZE]

Arjuna

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 10:11 am
@Siddhartha phil,
sometime sun;129963 wrote:

What comes after, leads from both?
Yea! The answer has the question wrapped up inside it.

So questions start from a previous answer... so to speak. I wondered about ancient Egypt and I found out there used to be more lakes and rivers there. So then I wondered about Ice Ages.

Is there an example of a question that didn't start that way?

I've been talking to my niece lately, and she's at the age where she speaks fully formed questions: "Why did you do that?" But I'm not sure she's old enough yet to fully understand the question the way I do. She can't "dissect" the question as Sid pointed out. At least I don't think so... maybe questions start out as gestures.

HexHammer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 07:22 am
@sometime sun,
Is imagination more important than knowledge? What matters is relevance!
Medicine men may not be able to cure what takes surgical procedures, his forefathers didn't have much imagination of ineventing hightech thingies, but it takes great and correct knowledge in order to do a surgical procedure, there the imagination will only cause harm.

Can you have one without the other? Yes, but with them both you can achive much greater things.

The question or the answer? Relevance? ..beware of getting lost in navel gazing.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » Epistemology
  3. » Importance choice?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:56:48