Live Long and Prosper

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Live Long and Prosper

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 04:24 am
Greeting from the Great Southern Land. I have studied Philosophy both at University and through Gorky's University, (life and its tribulations entanglements and joys, good book if you haven't read it)
I am looking for what? Exposure to ideas and people I am interested in how our subjectivity is being changed by the internet and peoples participation in these forums. No I am not a voyeur I am looking to willing participate in any thoughtful discussion.
Interests wise well very big on Deleuze, been reading his work for the past 12 years and also Henri Bergson.
Currently about to embark on a study of Heideggar's opus Being and Time, which I found a full course of lectures dealing with this work from UC Regents on ipod U and picked up the translation by Jean Stanbaugh.
Primarily interested in metaphysics and the nature of being and how psychology interfaces with philosophy.
Oh also football tragic both league and union.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 05:11 am
@Paracelsus,
Welcome to the forums Smile

de budding

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 09:13 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Welcome,
It's nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your stay,
Dan.

Justin

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 09:37 am
@Paracelsus,
Welcome Welcome! Thanks for the intro and likewise glad you found us. Hope to see you participate in the discussions on the forum.

boagie

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 10:41 am
@Paracelsus,
Paracelsus,Smile

Well you certainly have an active curiousity, some interesting background, but I am afraid you will not do, your reputation has proceeded you------------------------just kidding!!:p I hope! You sound like a most interesting individual Paracelsus, a great addition to our numbers, please, make yourself at home and think about how you would like to get started, responding to a thread or starting a new one. Again, Welcome Paracelsus!

Ron C de Weijze

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 06:50 pm
@Paracelsus,
Paracelsus, happy to find someone here who diggs Bergson as I do! Deleuze often is interesting as well, "seeking giants' shoulders to stand on", as he put it. Although I feel troubled about his ending his life (and how) - it is against everything Bergson stands for. For me, the fact does not exactly validate "Bergsonism" although I did read it.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Live Long and Prosper
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:20:36