Ling says "Hello!"

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Ling says "Hello!"

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:50 am
Good day to all here.

I am Ling, from Singapore. Got recommended by another new forum member - Mephistopheles to check this place out, and yeah, I liked it instantaneously. My spark for delving into philosophy started by my long-time obsession in norwegian black metal music. I remember seeing a very powerful quote by Friedrich W. Nieztsche (from The Antichrist, I think) on Gorgoroth's website. In awe of that line, I went to wiki him and the rest is history.

I wouldn't say I have read comprehensively nor have I attained enough insights to be called a philosopher yet. So, I'm here to learn from all of you veterans and make more philo-friends.

To say something about myself in terms of my philosophy-inclinations. My stance very much lies in accordance with Existenialism. I am currently interested in the ideologies of Nietzsche, Sartre, Camus and Schopenhauer. I also dabble in eastern philosophy such the philosophy of Buddhism. So I guess I am in my nihilistic phase right now, lol.

I ramble too much for a start, oops!

- Ling

Mephistopheles phil

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:58 am
@LingNemesis,
LingNemesis wrote:
Good day to all here.

I am Ling, from Singapore. Got recommended by another new forum member - Mephistopheles to check this place out, and yeah, I liked it instantaneously. My spark for delving into philosophy started by my long-time obsession in norwegian black metal music. I remember seeing a very powerful quote by Friedrich W. Nieztsche (from The Antichrist, I think) on Gorgoroth's website. In awe of that line, I went to wiki him and the rest is history.

I wouldn't say I have read comprehensively nor have I attained enough insights to be called a philosopher yet. So, I'm here to learn from all of you veterans and make more philo-friends.

To say something about myself in terms of my philosophy-inclinations. My stance very much lies in accordance with Existenialism. I am currently interested in the ideologies of Nietzsche, Sartre, Camus and Schopenhauer. I also dabble in eastern philosophy such the philosophy of Buddhism. So I guess I am in my nihilistic phase right now, lol.

I ramble too much for a start, oops!

- Ling

Nice to see you here Ling. Thank you for recommending me; I have no idea what will happen but it has to be good, right? Very Happy

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 04:53 pm
@Mephistopheles phil,
Welcome to the forum.

Nietzsche was brilliant, and is a joy to read - especially if you like unrestrained assaults on authority.

boagie

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:17 pm
@LingNemesis,
LingNemesis,Smile

:)Welcome Ling, you sound most interesting, abounding in curiosity, delightful. Well make yourself at home and think about getting involved with a thread or perhaps starting a new topic. See you on the boards Ling!! boagie

Aedes

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 10:54 am
@boagie,
Welcome aboard, Ling!

Justin

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 09:45 am
@LingNemesis,
Warm welcome to you Ling! Thank you for the introduction and joining the forum. Mephistopheles is currently under a temporary ban for comments made here. This is a peaceful forum one where we encourage peaceful discussion between members so we can all continue learning and growing and of course, practicing social philosophy. Hope your friend comes back.

Meanwhile, enjoy the community and thank you again for the introduction.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Ling says "Hello!"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:15:03