Need help

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 12:25 pm
My life is going really well...I have a great job, just got married, but I still feel this emptiness within me. I'm not a religious person, but I feel like there's gotta be a way to connect to something deeper. Any ideas?

boagie

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 04:20 pm
@LizMcKen08,
Liz.McKen08 wrote:
My life is going really well...I have a great job, just got married, but I still feel this emptiness within me. I'm not a religious person, but I feel like there's gotta be a way to connect to something deeper. Any ideas?

Liz Mckeno8,Smile

It does sound like a problem of the spirit, not necessarily of the formal religious type. It sounds like life is going well, the only thing I can think of to perhaps consider about your life is this, if you want meaningful things in your life, create them, nothing has value that you do not give it to, put those skills to work making memories that will warm you in the autumn of your years, or you could get a dog---------not as silly as you might first think,Very Happy

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 06:45 pm
@boagie,
First, I would consider the normality of the experiences you have. I don't know how normal or abnormal they are as I am not having the experiences, but humans do normally go through periods of relative bliss and relative depression.

Mostly, though, just examine the problem. Check up for yourself and ask why you feel empty, what could fill the apparent void, what should fill the apparent void.

Nothing really beats sitting down and focusing on the problem. The trick is to be productive. If we spend our time dwelling - oh, this is so terrible, so terrible, so terrible - we just makes ourselves sick. Look deeply.

Justin

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 09:54 pm
@LizMcKen08,
Yes, that's the seed of desire and you've arrived at a place in your unfolding that you've recognized the emptiness and seek to fulfill it.

Many times what will happen is people will fill this emptiness with religion or some addiction. I tend to believe the emptiness inside comes from us not knowing ourselves, our creator and the meaning of our existence. Most importantly knowing ourselves and loving ourselves.

Welcome to the PhilosophyForum.com! Hope to see you get involved.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 09:51 am
@Justin,

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:06:14