Are All Diseases Of A Reactionary Nature

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

boagie

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 06:58 am
@socrato,
Hi socrato!Smile

:)Actually there has been a breakthrough in science due mainly I think to the approach of systems science as apposed to the traditional reductionist approach of traditional science. Ones genes are apparently not set to predetermine your lifes constitution, but are turned off and on by quite literally our perceptions of the physical world or our evironment. This has broken the hold of the concepts we have become conditioned to and through which we have developed our thinking in the past.

Smile Emotions undoubtedly are conditioned by our perceptions of the world around us. As I have stated in previous threads the nature of man is not to act, but to react, the emotions certainly are a vehicle for said reactions to the world. Find below the link to a lecture which expresses this breakthrough of science--it truely is remarkable. The ultimate conclusion is this, the environment is running the show your most basic nature is that of reacting to the greater presence and constitution of the physcial world.

http://videolectures.net/google_lipton_wmmm/

boagie

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 11:39 am
@boagie,
Hi all!Smile

I would like to retract my belief in this perception biology the claims it makes are apparently not supportable though there must be an element of truth to it, as the physical world which is our context certainly is running the show. Apparently this chap makes an outrageous leap in logic in stating that genes are rewritten on a daily bases accordding to our perceptions of reality, example a dangerous context or environment. His peers do not support these claims, so take it with a gain of salt.

MITech

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 03:28 pm
@boagie,
In my opinion people have these mental disorders because they crave success and attention. If they don't get this, either because they don't know how or they just don't want to get it the way they are supposed to.(or in an appropriate manner) Then they resort to another way of getting it.
Sometimes people might crave success but they just can't achieve it so they resort to "self handicapping".

Self handicapping is where the person chooses to do something that is easy instead of hard so that they know that they will achieve success. Thus giving them attention. This method is also used so that they know that they will not fail at what they are trying to do. People want to be successful because they want credit and attention.

So to answer your question Boagie, Are all diseases of a reactionary nature. If you include mental disorders to be a disease then yes I would have to say that they are of a reactionary nature. I'm not sure about physical though.

Pangloss

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 03:34 pm
@MITech,
I take it you've never met someone with a real mental disorder? I don't think most of them "chose" to do it.

MITech

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 03:38 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss wrote:
I take it you've never met someone with a real mental disorder? I don't think most of them "chose" to do it.

Actually I have a social anxiety disorder myself. I can talk on forums and not care what people say about me here but out in the real world I just fing that there are very few people who are actually nice. Highchool student can be real jerks.

MITech

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 03:41 pm
@MITech,
I should probably have specified what types of mental disorders. It is the environment that influences our mentality.

boagie

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 06:27 pm
@MITech,
Hi fellows!!Smile

Man is purely reactionary, evolution , the shaping of the organism by the physcial world just underlines this fact, when we consider a birth defect then we are not only considering the physical world but the physical world of the mothers body in said physcial world, so even here I think it is reactionary. The development of mental disorders can be a learned response to certain stimulus, the first environment that the child is subjected to is not only the physcial world but the closed circle of the family. The child will likely adopt the attitudes and fears of the parents in this relatively closed circle, by the time the child is to go to school his/her attitudes towards the world in general will already be in place.The one thing one cannot do, is not react, for even inaction, is a response to the physical world. Just an experiment, can anyone come up with, a disease which they believe is not caused by outside sources, the ware of age does not count.Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 10:11:06